Tiger-Cats vs. Bomber Play-by-Play Game Thread (7/27/2007)

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers: July 27, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_wpg.jpg

Yes, it is gameday once again for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And so it is once again time for this thread for discussion of the game as it happend to be posted here. And since it seems at least a few people like to have these game threads started off BYF style, I'll once again volunteer to get this thread started up.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Bombers

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Winnipeg Blue Bombers

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get themselves two points behind the second place teams in the East Division by defeating the team that has earned its place as the division's first-place team. (And they'll only be three points behind this first-place team if they win.) And to see if Stegall will get that record breaking touchdown, but hopefully he will not. Although it is who wins the game that matters the most.

WHERE - Canad Inns Stadium in Winnipeg, Manitoba

WHEN - Friday, July 27th, at 8:00 p.m. EDT. (7:00 p.m. local time.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, and CJOB (680 kHz AM) broadcasting from Winnipeg.
It is also available via Sirius Satellite Radio on Hardcore Sports ch. 186 and Play by Play 4 ch. 119.

Television: TSN. The game is available in HD.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.cjob.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Winnipeg’s talking heads. And you can click here to listen to CJOB now.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via TSN broadband, which you can view if you click here. And you can also view that TSN broadband site for clips of the Als defeating what I understand was referred to as the baby blue team, but I digress. :slight_smile:

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. It is good to see Cody and Bauman listed on it.

Winnipeg's depth chart is currently not available, but you can click here to have their recent depth charts, and the one for this game when it becomes available. And Sam Young, who may get booed quite a bit at IWS next week, will likely be listed as a starter on the depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and east winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 25 degrees Celsius.

And so this game begins with the Ticats still winless, but not to be taken lightly. Last week, the Ticats might not have won the game last week, but they might have won respect. But will the Ticats build on this success, or let it get to their heads? The latter had better not happen if the Ticats are serious about being competent this season, with two other East Division teams being 2-3 at this time. This is an opportunity for the Ticats to get into that race, and it is thus very important that they get an actual victory rather than a moral victory this time.

Go Ticats!

as Normal BYF great Job

BYF, as usual, a very good p-b-p thread starter. I nominate you for the remainder of the year. Less tham 5 hours to go until kickoff!!!

Is this the "official" thread. Maybe it should have the term "cut" in the title?

Excellent Summary BYF!
Actual victory not moral victory pretty much sums it up from where I sit.

THE BUMMERS ARE GOING DOWN :x

Go Cats Go!!!

You think you guys want to see the 'Cats win tonight?

You are not even close to the excitement and anticipation of the Ticat staff, me in particular!!!

I'm not going to be able to post here this evening, it's as much out of nervousness as anything else.

Altogether now:

Oski wee wee
Oski waa waa
Holy Mackinaw
Tigers!
Eat 'em Raw!
Hurray!

Cheers, Bob.

my 2 fav running backs go head-2-head tonite....should make for an interesting game.

I want to hear this Tonight ...

Maas Gose long to Gardner
He's got it
He at 10 5 TD CATS!!!!

A new ticat fan --thanks for the game thread, it was very helpful

GO TICATS GO...
Hay Bob you in the Peg?

:thup: on the game thread

I feel confident about tonight's game

Go Cats

Anyone else having problems getting CHML to load on thier computer?

WTG yet again BYF... great job on the PBP thread, Almost time guys/gals...

OSKI WEE WEE!!!

You guys feeling pretty confident?

Nice catch Dickerson

I got CHML to load :slight_smile:
We got the ball to start
Let's make the most of it

Big play to start
Lumsden was the decoy

who miss his block on the blitz..???
We could had Points..

Crap! two ticats took each other out on the missed fg return. Thay coulda had him at the goal line