Tiger-Cats vs Blue Team Play-By-Play Thread

Here we go again...

WHAT – The 2006 Season Opener.

WHO – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Toronto Blue Team.

WHY – The second-most intense rivalry in North American sports (Leafs-Habs being the first).

WHERE – The Rogers Centre in Toronto.

WHEN – Saturday, June 17th, at 1500hrs (3:00 pm for those who cannot decipher a 24-hour clock)

HOW – Television: CBC, CFRT (Canadian Forces Radio and Television http://www.cfpsa.com/en/psp/cfrt/tvguide_e.asp)

Radio – CHML 900KHz AM  <!-- m -->http://www.900chml.com<!-- m -->

Let’s hope for a good game, and may the “correct? team win (Ti-Cats, of course)!

The Leafs-Habs rivalry didn't even really exist until 1944, and it started then more as a by-product of conscription and the war. It was always Leafs-Detroit before then.

Hamilton-Toronto football rivalry however was already in full blossom by the beginning of the 20th century, and Hamilton-Toronto rivalry in general stretches back into the mists of time.

Point taken though about present-day intensity. That being said, I don't know of any Leafs fans who got their ears bitten off at the Bell Centre.

I’ve never been in the Skydome…errrr, Rogers Centre on a hot afternoon…

Tomorrow is supposed to have temps of 33 celsius at least and humid.

My question is this…

Is it better to have the roof closed or open in a situation like this?..(I’m thinking ‘open’ so as to keep the air moving somewhat…but I really don’t know what’s best)

thanks…

Go Cats Go!

If its closed the air conditioning is on...

Its quite comfortable.

Thanks...I really wasn't sure how that worked....

Man, those must be some 'kick-butt' air conditioners......woooaaah!

Anyhow, I won't be there myself but I'm looking forward to posting in the game thread and contributing to the televison ratings!...(getting the yard work done today as a matter of fact...lol)

Oskee Wee Wee! :stuck_out_tongue:

On a hot humid day its better with the roof closed...but maybe the Argos are thinking about beer sales with the roof open.
But it will get some of those Ticat O-Linemen down a better CFL playing weight in a hurry.

Ticket sales?
any estimates?

Once again, I won't be able to participate in this game thread. And so once again I hope to see everything descibed in great detail here. But I do expect to be in nect week's game thread.

Have fun!

Im gonna guess 30,000 people at the game.

Well I guess this answers the question about the status of the roof today...according to the front page of the Argo's website, the roof will be closed and the lights will go dark for an opening ceremony......

Then, the lid gets peeled back for kick-off at 3 pm....and all that lovely 33 degrees, humidity and Toronto smog gets to drift in :roll:

At any rate, I hope all the Tiger-Cats fans raise a ruckus and drown out the joint with noise!.......To all who are heading down there, have a blast! :thup:

You're not going, what do you care what temp it is?
Football fans sit through heat , cold, rain, snow. I know I speak for all true fans when I say "bring it on"

I prefer it open, Football was meant to be played outdoors.

4.5 hours to go.

I will see everyone in a little while.
I'm going to get some sleep before the game. 3:00 AM is not the most convenient time for a game

I'd argue that the Leafs/Ense rivalry is bigger these days.

And there are many other better rivalries:

Yanks/Sox
Any two teams in the NFC East
Packers/Bears
Cubs/Cardinals
Giants/Dodgers
and a TON of NCAA College rivalries like Duke/UNC, Florida/FUS, Michigan/Michigan State, Michigan/OSU, Texas/Texas A&M......and more.

If history is any sign, the roof being open or closed will really depend on one thing. If they think they can create an advantage to the home team or disadvantage to the Ti-Cats, that is what they will do. Slime-dogs!

Three and a half hours to go.

I'm looking forward to watching the Ti-Cats do to the blue team what the Western Cats (Lions) did to the Riders last night.

Anyone know where to find out each team's opening day record? I know both teams lost last season.

Pregame show starting on CBC and CHML NOW!

Apparantly CHML will be opening the phone lines around 2:30 for some pre-game thoughts from fans.......cool idea! :stuck_out_tongue:

(905) 645-3221

Cell phone *9900

listen live on your 'puter www.900chml.com

"5th quarter' after the game with Ted Michaels are the same numbers....but you can also e-mail Ted at tmichaels@900chml.com

Feels good to finally have the season start!

Go Cats!

Great interview Jones talking with Moreali- Nice to see Jones land on his feet.