Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/8/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: September 8, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. But there may not be as many posts here today, with regular contributors here being at the dome. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Big Choke from the Big Smoke, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Ugly Bags of Mostly Water, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHERE - That stadium not actually called the SkyDome (but still understandably gets called that anyway) in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, September 8th, 2012, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

The term "must-win" is often used, but that's just what this game is if this team is looking to make the last game at IWS a playoff game. However, after a four game losing streak, this team actually may need to be concerned about whether or not it can make the playoffs. And of course losing this game would mean it's highly unlikely that a CFL playoff game will be held at IWS this year. There has been much talk about how this team got off to a very disappointing 3-6 start. But this team needs to find a way to put that behind them, as being 3-7 after a five game losing streak would make it so even a .500 record would be unlikely. It has been said that the blue team can really put the Ticats behind them by deafeating them today, and so this team cannot let that happen. It is "win or else" and so I say...

Go Ticats!

This is a game that is absolutely critical to the status, and future, of our team.
Win, and we can perhaps look for an upward change in the fortunes of our team.

LOSE, and we can say goodbye to this years's record, goodbye to any hope that this team is improving, goodbye to respect for Obie's recruiting abilities, and certainly goodbye to our respect for Cortez' coaching skills.

Does that sound too pessimistic? Sorry, that's how important I view today's game.

I've got my Zoloft ready...

Surprised to see Tisdale among the Reserves. That means Bruce Davis plays and I'm looking forward to see more of him.
Sitting with Tisdale are the expected D.Brown, Hood and Rose.

Bingo...........

I agree that this is a must win, if the Cats lose they are in serious trouble.
I hope I can stay awake for the whole game, it's late.
Go Cats

Argos apparently will be missing a couple of strong defenders today -- DB Carrol and DE Kuale.

Cats must take advantage of these changes. Exploit the rookie corner all day.

Hi folks!

Needless to state, this is a pivotal game. We cannot lose this.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/09/some-surprising-scratches-before-ticats-vs-argos.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/ ... argos.html[/url]

Well, Tisdale was listed as a backup on the depth chart. But this does surprise me. Was he really that bad? They scratch Tisdale but not Graham?

Carroll had a good game against us on Labour Day. And I suppose Kuale can only guarantee he'll sit this one out. :slight_smile:

Etienne Boulay will also sit this out with a "non-football related injury." As Drew says, I don't know what it is and yes, I'm curious too. :slight_smile:

We'll be missing Hage again, as he can't seem to play for long without having to be sidelined. Hope to see Avon make the most of this opportunity to play. Bakari Grant will be back, though I don't expect that to make a big difference (prove me wrong, Bakari.)

Burris MUST bounce back with a good performance. Need good performances from more guys than just the Williamses and a few other guys.

Kickoff coming soon...

As he takes the field, #Ticats DB Dee Webb has a few choice words for new #Ar**s kicker Eric Wilbur. I doubt it was "welcome back." #CFL
[url=https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/status/244480247255420929]https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/stat ... 7255420929[/url]

Just the kind of thing I'd expect when it's these two teams playing.

Rod Smith (not Black... phew!) and Matt Dunigan in the broadcast booth today. TSN's coverage on now.

Game on!

Rutley starts us at our 29.

OK. Burris, remember what I said about the importance of bouncing back?

So far, not happening. Held on too long and got sacked, then had to throw under pressure. 2 and out #1.

TSN should replace Rod Black and Duanne Forde with Rod Smith and Matt Dunnigan, it's a much better team.
The Cats aren't starting well.

Forde is OK, Black... not so much.

And no, they certainly aren't starting well as Kackert goes through gap and runs about 40 yards for TD. Ouch.

OH OH !!!!!!

f--me this team sucks bad. did Creehan not get the message???

Dee Webb looked like he was on another planet on that run play. Ugly defence!

The defence got sucked in on the fake and it cost them a touchdown.
The Ti-Cat defence has some real issues to deal with.

This team has no defense at all. No offensive line either.