Tiger-Cats Vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/13/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: August 13, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will be there at IWS. But those who can't make it to IWS and will have to watch the game on television can discuss the game with their fellow Ticat fans here. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arks, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHY – To see if the Ticats can improve to 4-3, keep up with the Als and Bombers in the standings, and keep the blue team deep in that hole that they are in and extend that team's losing streak to six games.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, August 13th, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 10 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 23 degrees Celsius.

This is the one time that the blue team will play at IWS this regular season. And the Argholes come into it in a deep hole, as they are off to a 1-5 start and just fired their defensive coordinator. We don't know what exactly to expect from Steinauer, and that firing may have motivated the blue team players, perhaps giving them a "spark" if you will. It has been said that they are not as bad a team as their record indicates, and there might be some truth to that. However, we have recently seen that the Ticats can beat this blue team as long as they don't defeat themselves. And they may look to prove how good they actually are after that disappointing second half in Calgary last week. A one-sided win in our favour would sound good. In a future episode of The Extra Yard, I want to see Jim Barker lose it on the IWS sidelines at the end of this one.

Go Ticats!

GO CATS!! Bounce back boys!!

Great job BYF.... I will not be partaking in today's GDT s I will be present and accounted for at IWS rooting on the Cats. I look forward to a 41-11 win!!

Thank god for PVR!

I’ll be watching the game (obviously) but a little bit delayed. A certain 3 year old doesn’t seem to like to stay in his bed these days. Now I won’t miss a single play while I wrestle with him to go to sleep! LOL

Go 'Cats

Thank you for starting the game thread BYF - great job as always.

There has been chatter about our guys not taking this game seriously thus vulnerable to an upset. Personally, I don't think a .500 team has the luxury of taking anyone lightly, especially an underachieving team.

Lemon isn't setting the league on fire. If our D constantly blitzes he'll figure out the smart play is a dump pass to Boyd. That could spell trouble for the black and gold. This should be a game we all agree the TiCats outcoached the opponents.

I'd like to see Grant and Kelly more involved in the Offence.

If we get beat by a Mike O'Shea trick play the Special Teams don't deserve the week off.

You forgot “Ugly Bags of Mostly Water”… lol

Very nice BYF. :thup:

ALL I can say is the Cats Better start using the "SCREEN PLAY TO WILLIAMS" like Calgary did to our rushing play
against their QB . IT really worked for Calgary in preventing their QB form getting sacked. But we didn't use it.
I expect the Argos to really rush our QB.

IF we don't it could be a long day.

And Arks… they are after all a big boat full of stinky animals!!

:lol:

Thanks for the compliments on how I started off the thread.

Actually, I did not forget that one. But I knew I missed at least one. I’ll try not to make that mistake next time, DCF. :slight_smile:

Definitely need to watch for short passes to Boyd and Durie. We saw enough things like that in Calgary last week. A. Smith is sitting this out, so hopefully Jenkins will have a good debut. Need to see lots of two-and-outs forced, and a few Lemon turnovers as well. And we know that can be done.

I also predict that Kelly will have a good game, and I already said this is where Cobourne could have his best game of the year so far.

Golf is on TSN, no pre-game show there. Listening to CHML now. Eddie Steele was just interviewed, saying Jenkins is a good player and looks forward to seeing what he can do. And Kelly saw this rivalry as meaning more to the fans than it does to the players. He’s a rookie, he still learning. :slight_smile:

On Twitter, Drew said:

#Ticats scratches: OL M. DeWit, OL J. Jimenez, RB T. Grant, WR M. McDaniel.
Jimenez was injured, and I understand Simmons will be a LT as Johnson moves to RT. At least we may be less likely to see dumb selfish penalties made by us.

TV coverage now on TSN2? They are on the 18th hole now? Enough with the golf already.

Caretaker Bob is tweeting now, as you can see here: http://twitter.com/#!/CaretakerBob

Still listening to CHML with gold still on TSN. Just heard the opening Oskeeweewee, nice and loud.

Kickoff coming up. The blue team sure would like to end their five game losing streak in our house. They are desperate. Will we see another low-scoring one?

Kickoff coming up.

Hi Everyone
It's game time
Go Cats

Game on!

Medlock kicks off, Hood take down Durie.

Turn up the volume. Go D.

Crap. Passes got them to our 43.

Well the Argos made that look easy :expressionless:

Pass to Owens gets them to our 21.

Drew says:

WR Chad Owens could be a tough match up for #Ticats CB Ryan Hinds
Then they get TD after that. Now I'm actually glad they are showing golf rather than that.

The Argos made short work of that drive
The defence better get on track by the next series.

Let's see if Kevin Glenn and boys can answer the bell

Almost wishing I didn’t have TSN2. That was painful to watch.