Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread (7/7/2007)

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: July 7, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_tor.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

The Tiger-Cats regular season home opener is finally here today, and so the first game thread for it is here. The first regular season game thread to have fewer posts with many of the usual posters too busy being at IWS supporting the team is here for the Ticat fans who can’t make it to IWS. As the game happens, posts will be made here by the latter kind of fans. And we’ll hopefully have good news to post about the team, especially after last week’s game and considering the who this week’s opponents are.

WHAT – The 2007 home opener for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and that blue team.

WHY – To see the Ticats in their home opener hopefully get the rest of their season off to a good start, and hopefully keep the blue team winless.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario

WHEN - Saturday, July 7th 2007, at 7:00 p.m. EDT

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) is broadcasting Hamilton, or The Fan 590 (590 kHz AM) broadcasting from the “centre of the universe.?

Television: CBC. (The pregame show begins at 6:30 p.m. EDT.) Local blackouts may apply, according to CBC.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.fan590.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Toronto’s talking heads. (Although some would say you can get a Toronto fan's perspective by listening to CBC commentators.) But you can click here to listen to that station now.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for a Canadian Press article on the game.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

The blue team's depth chart is currently not available, but you can click here for past blue team’s depth charts, and this week's depth chart when it becomes available.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 5 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 28 degrees Celsius.

After getting defeated by one of the league’s best teams last week, the Ticats return home and look to improve. They look to rebound and get this year’s home games off to a good start, and what better team to do that against than the blue team?

Go Ticats!

THE BOATMEN ARE GOING DOWN :rockin:

Another nice job on the game thread BYF
7 1/2 hours to go before the game
Go Cats

Whether we win or lose I believe we are going to see a much, much better effort from our Tiger-Cats tonight.

And it'll be exciting because the Argos want the win as much as we do!

I'll be at the game, but I'll try to find a computer to post at least a couple of times to the game thread tonight.

Cheers, Bob.

Awesome job BYF... Can't wait for kickoff

GO CATS GO!!!!!

Isn’t IWS a hotspot for WiFi?.. Bring the laptop Bob… looking forward to a great game from the Cats… even if it’s a loss at least be competetive

Looking forward to a great game !!

I be in my Seat in Box J
I'll be Busy Taking Photos and Will post them
Sometime Tomorrow from Everyone to Enjoyment.

Keep the Thread Hot tonight Guys.

Quite right HalfTheDistance, we do offer public WiFi access at the stadium and you are welcome to bring your laptops to the game.

Just don’t hold us responsible for the beer and ketchup that might end-up clogging your keyboard. So be careful if you do bring a computer to the game.

How would that be any different from what my kids do to my keyboard…lol… I admit I’ve spilled my share of beer on it too…

Well, looks like we might have clouds with showers tonight here in Montreal. I was hoping to watch the game out on the balcony, but it's iffy now. I'll be inside watching along with many of you.

Unless I have company over to watch the game tonight here, I'll be online in this thread giving my two centimes.

Can't wait!

Oski Wee Wee,

go cats go

i can;t believe it!! i'm going to get to see the game almost live on tv!! a tv station here in usa is going to show the game on a 1 hr delay! usually, if they ever show the games at all, it's always a day or more after the fact. i'm so psyched! unfortunately, that means i won't get to take part in the play by play here on the site. please miss me terribly, boys and girls.

doggone it. i won't even be able to join you at halftime. rassin frassin flim flammin!!

whaaaaaaaat? i had to have something to complain about.

leavin at 330pm get to scott park at 4pm. get in the wynn at 6pm. can't wait beautiful night for football. the joint will be rockin.

lol ill be working at the stadium
what team do u want to win?

i’m going to pretend i didn’t just read that.

Me and my boy are going. I cant wait.

With about an hour remaining before the opening kickoff, I thought this would be a good time to give this thread a bump. And I'd like to thank BoxD and HTD for the compliments on how I started the game thread. I liked the way Mikey(03) started threads, and I wanted to see game threads started his way. But with his "retirement" from starting these threads, I thought I'd make them like his and add a few of my own personal touches.

The pre-game shows on CBC and the radio stations I mentioned start in about half an hour. And I can imagine that quite a few people are tailgating by IWS as we speak. Not many Ticat fans will want to miss being at the game, but I do hope to have some company here in the game thread this evening. We'll do what we can to give a good running commentary of the game for you, Onknight, and anyone else who might be interested.

Less than an hour now...

And the pre-game shows begin. The topic being discussed by CBC panel is Damon Allen now. And I'm just tuning into CHML now, where we get more Ticat-related coverage. :slight_smile:

And the blue team's depth chart is available if you click here. Interesting to see Levingston listed as a WR.

Grrrrrr… Why can I not listen to CHML online anymore… all I get is connection in progress, then it flips to backup connection in progress but never connects… this just started last week