Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/14/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: July 14, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here tonight, with some who post here being at IWS. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT - Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Big Choke from the Big Smoke, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Ugly Bags of Mostly Water, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHY - To see if the Ticats can get that important first win of the season against a team that they had better defeat.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, July 14th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

Any time this team takes on the blue team, it's considered a must-win. But there are other reasons this team needs this win. They need to get that first win of the season to put that bad start behind them, and to prove that they are everything they were advertised they could be. They need to get that win to prove that the talk about this team coming apart, which was dismissed by Cortez, gets dismissed by their play on the field. And having said all that, I say...

Go Ticats!

Wow what an important game for only week 3 for the Tabbies. I'm just asking for some solid run defense, and no stupid penalties please please please please please please please please please (maybe I'm asking for too much). Just win Baby! :thup: .

I love the “WHO” section of your post, the further I read the harder I was laughing. Great job BYF.

And getting those stops on punt / kick returns? We need to win, or least draw, the ST field position battle.

"And getting those stops on punt / kick returns? We need to win, or least draw, the ST field position battle"

Thats what Jim Daley and his exquisite special teams pedigree was brought in for....... :expressionless:

11 games now into the 2012 CFL Schedule and only one team has lost a home game. The last 10 straight have been won by the home side. Here's hopin' the Cats are ready to make that 11 straight.

Thanks as always, BYF!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I get to watch the gam on justintv.com tonight!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope the inconsistent play ends tonight or we will be in trouble. :cowboy:

Thanks, although I certainly can't take credit for all those acceptable terms for that other Ontario team (hey, that's something else we can call them!) as some of them are just ones I've seen used here.

Not a problem. Hope to see you here Russ.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? As in what Giguere said after that big gain he got in preseason game 2? I'm sure there's a clip on YouTube somewhere of that. But I do understand your excitement.

But it won't be easy for this team to go up against Ricky Ray. He's no Lemon, and certainly no Jyles, despite that trade, which I understand Tillman is now kinda admitting was foolish. Boyd has yet to have a huge game against us, need to keep it that way.

But isn't the blue team D relatively young and inexperienced? This could be a great opportunity for offence to show what it can do and really come together. I hope we'll look back on this game as being the one where things really come together for this team.

Kickoff in about 10 minutes.

[quote=“BobYoungFan”]
But it won’t be easy for this team to go up against Ricky Ray. He’s no Lemon, and certainly no Jyles, despite that trade, which I understand Tillman is now kinda admitting was foolish. Boyd has yet to have a huge game against us, need to keep it that way.

[quote]

True, our Defense really has something to prove :roll:

No more CFL coverage on NFL network, or on Altitude, or anywhere on DirecTV :frowning: JustinTV it is then :smiley:

That's unfortunate.

#Ticats? scratches: RB Cobourne, DB Rwabukamba, WR A. Kelly, DB. Ray. Looks like Ryan Hinds will play.
[url=https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/status/224275683008983043]https://twitter.com/scratchingpost/stat ... 3008983043[/url]

Avon sits out another one. Well, maybe Chevy can keep his "at least on play-of-the-week candidate" TD streak going.

Kickoff coming up in a few minutes...

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for the thread BYF
It's just about game time
Go Cats

Looks like a boat load of empty seats, no pun intended, I guess an 0-2 start hasn't helped ticket sales, lets get some fairweather fans back tonight! :rockin:

Did you guys ever hear about the ruling on the John Cornish play the other day when he lost his helmet as he caught that pass?

Not a problem.

Sounds good. Though the blowout loss in week one hurt, it doesn't hurt as much knowing the Riders seem to be for real.

Fantastic intro BYF.. .LMAO!!

Game time fellow Cat fans!!!!!

Time to kick some Blew ass!!!!!

Incomplete I believe

Thanks.

Game on!

Boudreaux actually took that, stepped out.

We need this win. Go get it.

Willie Bethea will be on the half-time show on CHML later.