Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 6/19/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: June 19, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_tor.jpg

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And therefore, as per gameday tradition, the play-by-play game thread is now also here. This thread for posting about the game as it happens is one that I have chosen to start once again. But as I mentioned before, I might not always be able to get it started. I have heard compliments about how I get these threads started off, and some might want me to be the game thread starter. But I should note that it's important to have a good starter, but we might need some backups here. Because if we don't, the Ticats.ca lineup could use more depth. Perhaps if this thread is not up by noon EDT on gamedays, I'll need another individual here to cover for me. But enough about that. Time to get this thread started right.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Preseason Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. The Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – To find out which players may or not be play for their respective teams this regular season, and to give us a preview of what we may see in 2008.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as the SkyDome, also known as the blue team's house, in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Thursday, June 19th, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton, and The Fan 590 (590 kHz AM) broadcasting from Toronto.

Television: There is no television coverage.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
Or visit www.y108.ca and click the "listen live" link there, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.
You can also visit hwww.fan590.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Toronto’s talking heads.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

The Ticats depth chart is not available at the time I am posting this, but you can click here to being up the page where this depth chart will be.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 30% probability of precipitation this evening and west winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 17°C. So the dome will probably be open.

So now it is time for that final preseason game before the ones that matter begin. This is the one where those who will make the team prepare for the upcoming year and those who might not make the team have their last chance to prove themselves. Although neither of these two teams may quite be at their best, both will find a win at least somewhat important. A "meaningless" win is better than a meaningless loss. And there is no such thing as a meaningless game against the blue team. Will the preseason undefeated streak continue for the Ticats? Hopefully, it will, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks again for this, BYF. Great job!

I'll be here as usual. Don't bet on the dome being open. Those wusses in Toronto do like their comfort!

When Comes to Game day Threads.
BYF you hard act to Follow thanks for hard work.

Looking forward to reading the thread
when I return from Toronto..

BYF you're game thread is starting to become tradition
It's a Friday morning game so I will only be able to listen to a little bit

The Cats can get some of the bugs out make their mistakes now because next week is when it counts

Go Cats

These game threads are becoming part of the "road game experience".

I would like to "hear" Jesse get more reps tonight than the projected first quarter.

I'm still not sure I want a victory tonight, given our past three years of undefeated pre-season, but they are playing the blue team...what to do...what to do...?

Onknight we expect a full report when you get back. :lol:

I agree with Wilf however I would like to add “Those wusses in Toronto do like their comfort” as long as everyone else in Ontario or Canada pays for it.

Thanks once again BYF for your work! Looking forward to a good game on the radio this evening!

Go Cats!

Oski Wee Wee,

Not even radio for me i have a baseball game at 8:30 and it won't be done till 11 :frowning:

You can always bring a hand held radio… you know those ones where it has to be wound cuz there is no batteries, if your playing in the outfield that would be my choice. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.buyugifts.us/giftsandcollectibles/images/36421.jpg

first base, but i do have pockets so maybe i can still manage to do it. Now i might pitch an inning or to so it might be a little difficult then

Chris, the radio in the pocket is OK. But one caution...When a receiver drops a pass, don't look up to the sky in frustration. That's when a line drive will catch you where you don't expect it...

BYF you do such a great job, the rest of us are intimidated!

Thanks for picking it up again this year!

Uh oh, someone broke CHML..

yeah i was kinda looking forward to the pregame show but oh well.But i'm ready for some football.

Go Cats Go!!!!!!!!

Kickoff!

oh man I'm nervous!!!!!

Good coverage on return. Now the defence can show their stuff.

TD Argo's...(sigh)