Tiger-Cats Vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 6/13/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: June 13, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. It may be a preseason game, which some have understandably referred to as a "glorified partice" for the teams in it. However, we have an actual game to discuss. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Those of you who want to discuss what's happening in the game as it's happening can post during the game here. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team, also referred to as the blew team.

WHY – To find out which players on each team will be more likely to make their teams, and to see which players will succeed in trying to make an impression.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Sunday, June 13th, 2010, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: There is no television coverage.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the Ticats Confidential blog. It'll be updated during the game.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats.ca. What I found interesting in that article id the "players to watch" section.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

I don't think I need to tell anyone here that preseason games may be considered rather meaningless, and I can understand if some of you are not that excited about this game. But I understand that we have some good rookies on this team, and I for one would like to hear about how they will do. Rookies who do well in this game might not necessarily have good futures ahead of them, but I'd rather not hear about them not doing well in this game. I'd also like to hear about how players on the blew team will do. Will Lemon live up to his name? Will Brannagan put off starting work at an accounting firm? Will Bell remind us of a certain other blew team QB who had that name? The end result of this game may not matter much, but we never like to see losses when the blew team is the opponent. So now I say, for the first time in months...

Go Ticats!

Kevin Glenn is set to have his best game of the season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me-ow! :roll:

Why wait to the end of the game to start a QB controversy. I'm going to get accused of being anti Glenn no matter what happens because I happen to like Porter. Might as well get the garbage out of the way and illustrate early on what I think about it with this sarcastic post. Everyone's mind is made up already so we don't need facts to confuse the issue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expect Boltus and Trefallis will be the new saviours after today even if Porter goes perfect

Won't everybody be watching Australia Socceroos playing Germany??

Had no idea soccer was on TV. Whats the special occasion?

Man the time is finally here to hear the sound of pad on pad and helmet on helmet. The World Cup is great timing as well, it’s like pretend football so it’s a gear-up to the real type of contact football just around the proverbial corner.

Thanks as always for teeing this up, BYF!

Our interminable off-season hiatus is AT AN END! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

OSKI WEE WEE
OSKI WA WA
HOLY MACKINAW
TIGERS
EAT 'EM RAW!!

Oski Wee Wee,

Seeing BYF's game thread means that the season is officially under way.
Thanks again, BYF.

Now, Oski-oui-oui, let's try one last time to record the cheer in it's original form. Maybe for the last time

OSKI-WA-WA
WHISKEE-WEE-WEE
HOLY MACKINAW
TIGERS, EAT 'EM RAW!

Russ, Wilf, that’s not a problem. I saw that the thread wasn’t started about an hour before the kickoff, and so I thought I might as well keep doing what I’ve done before.

I see we’re already discussing QBs before the kickoff is underway. I’ve even seen indications that we may have Tafralis vs. Boltus debates/arguments/flamewars.

Anyway, I’m interested in hearing about how players like Fish, Toler, and D. McDaniel will do. Not just as receivers, but I understand they may also be used on returns. Speaking of special teams, I hope to hear good things about Palardy’s punts. Too bad Vega can’t play.

I think the game is also being broadcast on Fan590, so I might listen to what they’ll say. Sportsnet.ca - Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Oski no more arm punts. No more Bish to bash. :cry: :cry:

Good afternoon, all. Lets see what these newbies can do for us!

Glad to see you back BYF!

A whiskey-wa-wa would go good here out on my balcony right now, Wilf! LOL

Ought to be a good evaluation opportunity. I`m interested in seeing how Porter and Tafralis perform today.

Oski Wee Wee,

Thanks, and it’s good to be back.

Kickoff coming up, Fish to return…

I`m sure that some Argo QB will pick up the slack…LOL As it is, Bish is still a phone call away by some team from being the Archbishop of Armpunting yet again… :slight_smile:

Oski Wee Wee,

And it's on!

Sounded like a good return by Fish.

Porter in at QB, we'll see how he does with mostly backups and players who won't make the team around him.

But he does at least have Mann to throw it to, and Summers to hand it to. Too bad Summers fumbled and lost it.

Fumble. Penalty. DBs are a concern as usual.

In this game, a fumble or dropped pass could easily be a ticket out of town.

Blew team drive ends with Hickman sacking Lemon, Long was in there as well.

Don't know why they aren't attempting FG from 45, and apparently that punt was not a good one.

That first punt was illegal one, but second one led to punt single. Not that the score matters much.

Not surprisingly, Porter gains 12 yards on QB draw to start.

Updates from Drew's blog:

1:18: Porter runs for 12 as collective breaths get held - not a guy the Ticats want to get dinged in the pre-season.

1:07: Reggie Fish with a spin move in the hole on the kick return. Nice!

And then Porter calls his own number again, and Summers gets good gain for FD.