Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 11/3/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: November 3, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will be there at the Dome. But those who can't make it there can discuss the game with their fellow Ticat fans here. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. The final regular season game of the year for the two teams in it. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arks, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Big Choke from the Big Smoke, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Ugly Bags of Mostly Water, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHY – To see if the Ticats can finish the season with a 9-9 record, sweep the blue team, and look like they are ready for the upcoming EDSF game.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as (and still often referred to as) the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Thursday, November 3rd, 2011, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here for an article on tonight's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for a game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. It should be noted that Cobourne and Rey Williams are listed on it when they shouldn't be, as they will not be playing.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 30% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 30 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 8° Celsius.

After this team appeared to be anything but playoff-ready last week, they go into Toronto to take on that other team that won't be in the playoffs. For the Ticats, it appears that this game will be about giving starters some time to get themselves to be playoff-ready, and then giving them some time off. In other words, it may be like the second preseason game of the year. But it's often said that there is no such thing as a meaningless game against the blue team. And this team must know the importance of not losing in the playoffs or when the blue team is the opponent. So let us hope to see this team end the regular season with a win, and at least make us believe that they can win the EDSF game this time as they sweep the blue team. And so I say...

Go Ticats!

thanks, BYF...

What's left to prove today? The best our team can finish is with a 9-9 record, and a claim to mediocrity for yet another year.
We can wish it were not so, but this is a mediocre team. Maybe, just maybe, they can light a fire that will survive into the playoffs.
Either result, they are still our team. Go Cats,GO!

Nice work BYF
I hope you get to post more than one more of these threads.
The Cats need to regain their mental focus this game, they've had too many blunders.
It's always fun to beat the Argos hopefully this can mark a positive turnaround heading into the playoffs.
Go Cats

Thank you Wilf and TWTC. I also hope to keep starting these threads until November 27.

As predicted #Ticats scratches are: RB Avon Cobourne, LB Renauld Williams, WR Marcus Thigpen and OL Jason Jimenez.
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/status/132233617949724672]http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/st ... 7949724672[/url]

TSN's coverage is on now.

This game could be ugly, very pre-season-ish. But I hope this team will look much better than they did last week.

One other thing I'd like to see: Webb intercepting a pass intended for Mann. With Bell, and perhaps later Hall at QB, that could happen. :wink:

Game on.

Owens may be out, but Durie gets big return.

Forde expects lots of handoffs to Boyd, as do I.

Bell may not be that good, but can't be blamed for that two and out. Copeland drops one that would have been for FD.

WIlliams may return many kicks with Thigpen and Avon being out.

We start at our 25.

D. Porter gained only 2 in his first carry (perhaps first of many?) then Glenn looked indecisive on the "coverage sack."

Then we see the second of what may be MANY punts tonight as blue team starts at their 35.

Knowlton gets the pick! Great catch!

ANd that... may be the first of many picks! :slight_smile:

Hi all. Can't watch the game on TV tonight. Anybody know where I can watch it online?

All the "almost" interceptions we had this year, and Knowlton makes one like that in this game.

Now THAT was a block by Stala on Younger! Another for the highlight reel, IMHO! That gained Brown a few more.

34 yard medlock,

Good!

3-0 Cats :rockin:

Seems odd that we’re seeing better effort so far in a meaningless game like this. But considering who the opponent is, maybe I should not be surprised. :wink:

Medlock gets easy FG after Glenn threw one away on 2nd and 5. 3-0 us.

#Argos Cory Boyd just linp[ed off favouring his left ankle.
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/status/132242077542125568]http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/st ... 7542125568[/url]

Owens AND Boyd out? There goes their team. :slight_smile:

Well, they do have Kackert.

Our o-line just crumbles and doesn't leave Glenn any time to throw.

Hi folks!

Andre Durie with a large catch and run into Ticats Territory.... :roll:

Hi Russ.

Screen to Durie gains them 23. They maybe be relying heavily on him and Kackert now, at least unless/until Boyd returns.

And they do have Copeland. Congrats to him on that 10,000 rec. yard milestone.

Copeland with huge Reception goes over 10,000 on the career down to the ticats 18....

Durie touches it down for the Try.....

Pre Convert makes it 7-3 shipwrecks

They get in Bell's face, Young seemed to have Durie covered well, but they get TD. Crap.