Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread:10/23/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: October 23, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will move ahead of the spies in the standings, for at least a day, and to see if they can tie the season series against the blue team.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, October 23rd, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. (Hopefully the Ticats will take note of this, as with their slow starts, they don't seem to know when games start.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the press conference before the game on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Not good to not see Rodriguez and Caulley not on it.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 100% probability of precipitation and winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 12 degrees Celsius. But none of that matters, as the game will be in a domed stadium.

I don't need to tell you the importance of winning this game. And if this team can't win this game, they would not seem to be worthy of being in that EDSF game. If they lose, it may be hard to imagine this team being in that game anyway. This is a game this team should win. They'll be missing Rodriguez and Caulley again, but we saw what they can do without them last Sunday. And our opponent's offensive line, without two starters, is being held together with duct tape and baling wire. And we need to finally win away from IWS, even the game might seem to be at IWS with Oskeeweewee chants that can be heard on television, and Ticats fans possibly seeming to outnumber blue team fans. We want and need this win, so having said that I say...

Go Ticats!

So pumped for this game tonight!!
Been looking forward to it all week. Hope the boys get off to a good start. And, hope we see a good contingent of black and gold representin' the Hammer!!

There, fixed the title for yeah :wink:
No thanks necessary

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!

I see you've updated your signature... :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol.. I have indeed!!!

To quote good old Bryan Hall , longtime "voice of the Eskimos":

"Wind will not be a factor tonight"

20 minutes until the opening kickoff, and it seems quieter in here than usual. That may indicate that at least some of the usual forum members are there at the game.

Who will we be praising after tonight? Who will we be criticizing after this game? Which few plays from this game will we be talking about? We'll soon find out.

We need a big game from the linebacking corps shutting down their run game. Glenn to BBBBBRRRRRUUUUUCCCCEEEEE early and often. Cobb needs to come out of the back field, swing passes, etc, and be a factor. A good pass rush on Joseph will be a nice compliment too.

Robertson and Joseph did not get many rushing yards last week, and we were able to keep Cobourne from getting far. I don't think they'll get many rushing yards. And they are missing two starters on their offensive line, so Joseph might not get as much time to throw passes. Andrus said he wants to put Stephen Reaves in at QB, though that may not happen tonight.

On offence, screen passes to Cobb sound like a good idea. I hope to see James and McDaniel be reliable, we already know what AB3 and Stala can do. This may be a low-scoring one.

Also, let's hope Setta can be Setta again. Wind won't be a factor, but then again, it wasn't during the last game in this stadium when Setta missed ones he should not have missed.

Anyone else’s TSN out of sync?

My TSNHD is way behind in sound.. frustrating!!!

Yeah mine's out of synch, too....sound in advance of picture, but I mute it and listen to CHML

Game on!

Medlock kicks it off, McDaniel gets us to out 38.

Alright, need good start again. Would like to see quick accurate passes like we saw last week.

HUGE break.. Moreno gets NOTHING.. Blew was off side!!

Phew!

Offside takes Moreno's pick-six off the board. AB3 could not hold on, not Glenn's fault

Tip drill .........lol WOW ......lets try this again ....Catch with his hands not his chest !!!! whew .... :thup:

Nice pass to Stala for FD, then to him for near-FD, then Cobb gains more than what's needed. So far, so good.

Hello Everyone

Cats bought a break on the interception

Huge ...........