Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread:10/15/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: October 15, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can move two points ahead of the blue team in the standings by defeating them.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as the SkyDome (which may be referred to as the Ticats' second stadium) in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, October 15th, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN and the NFL Network.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation and winds of 30 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 11 degrees Celsius.

Without a doubt, this game is the biggest of the year so far for these two teams. The winner of it will have a significantly better chance of having the home field advantage for this year's EDSF game, which will likely be between these teams. It might seem as though it'll be the Ticats who'll have the home field advantage tonight, as we have seen how it can sometimes seem like the visiting team is the home team when games are played at that baseball stadium that the blue team plays its "home" games in. However, it would be preferable that the game be held at IWS and that the blue team continues to be winless against us. It has been too long since we swept a regular season series against this blue team, and it's time for that to change.

Go Ticats!

Thanks again, BYF.

You're absolutely correct about the impotrtance of this game to both teams. It is basically a playoff game, considering the resulting place in the standings.

Your mention of the weather conditions was probably not needed. Those wimps in Toronto will close the roof if it's the least bit uncomfortable.

Here's hoping the Tigers have their act together and put out a good effort, and not look like they studied the wrong game plan. Lets show them its the Argos that suck ....Go Cats :thup:

I am so stoked for this game and can't wait to be at the Skydome with the rest of the TiCat fans making more noise than the men in suits will be!

Here's to a big game for us!

Thanks for the game thread BYF.

With all the focus on the blue team's ST I hope Thiggy breaks off a return for six.

Last year's EDSF was a blast (despite our loss). I can't imagine the atmosphere if evil incarnate comes into our house for this year's game.

Thanks as always, BYF!

TSN.ca's game preview is up at http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=337448 .

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

To me this game is a must win, and a convincing win at that!

Tiger-cat fans can't spell Argonauts. That's why they call them the blue team. Blue team could also be the Blue Bombers so clearly there wasn't much thought behind that "nickname". Tiger-cat fans should think of a new nickname.......just don't take as long to think of a nickname as Hamilton is taking to decide on a stadium location.

Both are hated. Both suck. I'd say the nickname is appropriate. Carry on.

We do have other names for the Argonauts....

It's just that those names are not used in polite society...

Gee I thought it was spelled ArgoNOTS! :smiley:

Actually, that would be "Tiger-Cats fans..."

On the stadium issue you are correct.

I am worried about the Argo special teams play of late its top notch....., I hope we don't get burned by O Shea's Boys tonight..............

Oh Really? What will the excuse be tonight?
PLEASE, shut this guy up tonight.

KICKOFF: T minus 59 minutes and counting...

Scratches: OL Mark Dewit, OL Belton Johnson, DT Jermaine Reid & DT Eddie Steele

Officiating Crew: Referee Glen Johnson, umpire Ben Major, observer Tom Higgins

Pants: Black

Roof: Closed

Speak for yourself. I would call the Argonauts putrid bipedal excrescences, but Evil Incarnate is more succinct. :wink:

Thank for the compliments on how I started off this thread.

And those were some good zingers directed at that post from that evil incarnate supporting troll whose post was edited at least once. And he seems oblivious to the irony of his alias making him seem like a Montreal fan and to the fact that it took a long time for Toronto's NHL and NBA teams to share the same building.

TSN's coverage on now, kickoff coming up.

Game on!

Prefontaine kicks off, Thiggy with nice return starts us on our 45!

Hope Cobb (and rest of team) will have a good game.

Excellent return by Thiggy!