Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/1/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: October 1, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again, and so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here, as many of those who post to these forums will be there at the Dome. But those who can't make it there can discuss the game with their fellow Ticat fans here. So here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arks, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Big Choke from the Big Smoke, Ugly Bags of Mostly Water, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHY – To see if the Ticats can improve their record to 7-6, win the season series against the blue team, stay ahead of Saskatchewan and keep up with Winnipeg and Montreal in the standings.

WHERE - The stadium formerly known as (and still often referred to as) the SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, October 1st, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here and here for articles on today's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for a game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 8 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats may have impressed during their win in Moncton last week, but have not been able to get consecutive wins since July. But they are going up against a team that has not won consecutive games at all, and that team won last week. Still, a win may not necessarily come easily against this 3-9 team, as it did not come easily the last time these teams met. The blue team needs this win badly, because if they lose, it'll be highly unlikely that they'll make the playoffs. But the Ticats need this win to have a chance of hosting a playoff game again, although the Dome may seem like home for the Ticats as loud Oskeeweewee chants will be heard in Toronto as they were in Moncton last week. And so now I say...

Go Ticats!

Which TiCat team will play today? The Moncton team or the team from the previous game?
Hope it's the Moncton team!!

Here's hoping the spirit of Moncton has come down this way as well.

The Hogger's have a lot of pressure to win this one and get some fans coming to the games. I hope were not going there to play tackle dummy for them. Could be a tough game.

The Moncton team gave up tons of ground yards (188), and with Cory Boyd, the TiCats can't afford that.

I'm hoping for the Labour Day team.

But then again that team gave up 99 yards on the ground and 421 in the air.

Can't see Jyles putting up those numbers, so stopping Boyd is essential.

Bottom line is winning the turnover battle and minimizing mistakes.

Last night’s game clearly showed that Montreal and Winnipeg are both strong, strong teams.

Unless the Cats win tonight by a healthy margin, they will have trouble being considered in the top of the division.That being said, they can do it. But, with only a few games left. they must show tonight that they are real contenders, not pretenders.

Oski-wa-wa!

The difference between the Ticats and the other two teams competing in the East has been the inability of the Ticats to win on the road, which they will have to do or finish in third place and hit themselves trips to Winnipeg, Montreal and BC which makes their poor road performance even more unlikely.

Looking at the calendar, Montreal has played 7/9 road games, Winnipeg 6/9 and Hamilton 5/9. A good thing three of the remaining four games are against TO and Saskatchewan.

I think that the title of this thread should be,

Thiggy-Cats vs the Sinking Scullers game thread

I'll GRANT you that one!

Thanks as usual, BYF!

I will likely miss most if not all of the game, but I will be catching it on TSN's video on demand later.

Oski Wee Wee!

Russ

Rod black Again???????????????

:| Time to get out the reserve 24 of EX and start pounding,

Oskie Wa Wa :cowboy:

It's game time
Let's Go Cats

Rwabukamba starting at corner?

Thanks, Russ. And I'll miss you being here in this thread.

The following #Ticats are active, but will not dress: 81 Kelly, 84 Grant, 92 Smith, 97
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/status/120265749481783296]http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/st ... 9481783296[/url]

Would like to see the D be much better. Gotta keep Boyd and Owens under control, then we should get the win.

Game on!

Too bad Williams slipped on the Grant return, we start by our 30. Will we see more of Grant and Thiggy used?

Bad start again as 1st offensive play as he armpunts one intended for the other Glenn.

Ugh.. arm punt by Glenn to start the game!

Pick! glenn will rebound,

Hopefully :x

At least it was deep, not a “shank”.

Oh well... so much for taking them out of the game early.

True.

They get FD.

Boyd gains 3. 3 down, 197 to go. :wink:

Nice pressure on Jyles to force throwaway.

OK, let's hope we get it right after bad start. Again.

Angled out inside our 10.