Tiger-Cats Vs. Als Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/22/2010

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: July 22, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. Those of you who want to discuss what's happening in the game as it's happening can post during the game here. It should be busy here in this game thread, lots of page refreshing will have to be done by those participating in it. It won't be like last week's nine page game thread that one could read through in little time as you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57635

Anyway, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can continue to prove they are that good by making their record 2-2 by defeating the defending champions in their house.

WHERE - Percival Molson Stadium in Montreal, Quebec.

WHEN - Thursday, July 22nd, 2010, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN/RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation and winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 24 degrees Celsius.

Prior to the start of this season, it was said that the Ticats could be Grey Cup contenders, and may be able to defeat the defending champions. No team has defeated the Als in Montreal in over a year. But victory is the goal here. Win, or win not. There is no moral victory. (From the "If Yoda Were a Ticat Fan" collection, that was.) It doesn't get much easier next week, as the Ticats go to Saskatchewan to take on the undefeated Riders. And that's a reason it's important that the Ticats win tonight. Another reason is to prove that they actually are that good, and can be that team to break Montreal's long winning streak at home. And so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks for the great game thread BYF, should be a tough game the Allwets will reeeeally what this one to keep their new addition on their stadium filled they keep getting sale out crowds. I hope we do all right and even bet them or a least give all they can handle and then get even when they come to Hamilton. Ti cats 23 - 21. :thup:

M. dot 37
Ham 22

All those people year after year going to a stadium downtown with zero parking. And they go and make it bigger ? Totally missing out on the "driveway to "driveway" experience. Have to feel sorry for them. You really do.

Cats 27-18.

LOL. Montreal is a large city with a great public transit system (bus and subway) and a shuttle from the subway to Molson Stadium. Who cares about parking? Wetenhall is just happy to have more butts in more seats.

LOL

Another great job, BYF.

I see three probable results in tonight's game, with three very different conclusions.

1. We lose convincingly. This leaves us facing a real uphill battle to regain respect and a winningfuture.

2. We lose, but in a very close contest. Nothing lost because this is the generally expected result.

3. WE WIN! Now, this would be a high point, beating the Als on their home turf. We would immediately be regrded as a threat to go all the way.

Needless to say, I'm betting on option 3. Out time has come!

It's great when the Cats play. Kills time between stadium news and threads. The wait doesnt seem to be as long..

Kevin Glenn throws for 350 yards and two touchdowns, one of which goes to Arland Bruce and the other to Marquay McDaniel.
Cobb has over 50 yards rushing and 1 touchdown on just a few carries and Thigpen gets a few decent runs as well.

Hickman gets on the board with 2 sacks and Calvillo throws an interception to Will Heyward. Jamal Johnson gets his usual 8 tackles and Floyd shuts up Cobourne.

Sandro DeAngelis goes 1/1 and Thigpen hurdles Damon Duval on his way to another kick return TD (Not sure if its punt, kickoff or missed field goal). Palardy adds a single.

Final Score

Hamilton 32
Montreal 20

Yea, im optimistic. :smiley:

Seriously, though, in a big city with an excellent transit system, parking is really not a problem, particularly when there are plenty of parking lots within striking distance of Molson Stadium. I know, I know, it obliges Joe Public to take his wife and kids to the game on the metro like the rest of the plebes -- the horror! We should be able to drive our minivan anywhere we want to! :roll:

I realize this may be difficult to understand if you don't live in the city, but not everyone in Montreal is obsessed with driving a car in all situations.

I can't wait to get my butt out of this office and home in front of the tube. Come on Ticats....don't disappoint me! Let's see another win!!!!

Thanks for the game thread BYF. Hopefully it doesn't get hijacked by stadium bickering.

Both teams have been inconsistent this year so it should be an interesting match. We'll get to see if Rottier has definitely figured out RT or if crowd noise is the real issue. I wonder what affect the crowd will have on our two back set.

Oskie Wee Wee!

BYF Thanks Got the Beer and Pizza man is on Speed Dial :thup:

Do you Smell what the Tom is Cooking ... I smell an Upset Comming

LOL!!! Hilariously well put!

I say the Cats by less than a touchdown tonight in a big 'statement' victory! (And they'll be partying in the streets of downtown Hamilton!)

This game is a HUGE test for the Cats. I don't like to use cliches like "Getting better every game" and other blah blah blah, but one thing that has impressed me is the swagger of the Cats players. They are talking and acting like they expect to win. I haven't heard that from the team in a while. It's nice to hear. I think the teams match up very well. Maybe even advantage Cats.

Don't think its too early to call it a "statement" game.
The question is how much long term importance you attach to the outcome tonight . Afterall they play eachother two more times - both here. Might be wise to postpone a diagnosis until after then.

A confidence booster with a Cats win but not a parade planner because its July. A loss is just another loss in MTL in July. A letdown but still opportunities to avenge it.

All The games vs Montreal are Statement Games

I think we are in for a great football game...tonight.
Personaly..I think the Cats should be (favored) to win this one.
Our Cat's are running on all 8 cylinders after last week's win...and should be on a real "high".
Montreal..has not looked sharp...reguardless of what the standings say.
The Cat's have a real shot..at doing something that most other teams...have not been able to do.
Get a win over Montreal....in ( their house.)

Take no prisoners guys....eat them raw :thup: :thup: :thup:

Cheers

Go East Moun..........errrr, I mean......... Ticats ! :wink: :lol:

Oskee Wee Wee !!

Thanks for the compliments on how I started off the thread.

And yes, it does seem like I'm posting an off-topic thread by posting about a football game here. I mean, I thought this was a forum about a decision that city council will have to make. :slight_smile:

On a personal note, I may miss today's game. But I might read through posts in this thread later. It's interesting to read the initial reactions to everything that happens during a game.

Two hours until kickoff.