Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/28/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: September 28, 2012

It’s that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it’s happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it’s happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. There may not be many posts here tonight, as at least some of those who post here will be at the game. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT - Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY - To see if the Ticats can catch up to teams they must catch up to in the standings to at least make the playoffs.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, September 28th, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN/RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca’s live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game’s scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He’ll almost certainly be tweeting useful information during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

When an 8-4 team takes on a 4-8 team, the latter of those two teams may not seem to have a good chance of winning the game. However, that 4-8 team has not been as easy to beat in its own house, going .500 in it so far this year. And that 4-8 team has won four consecutive games against that 8-4 team in the stadium in which tonight’s game will be played. Still, it may not necessarily be easy for this 4-8 Ticat team to get that win. But this Ticat team needs to put what happened in Winnipeg last week behind them and increase their chances of at least appearing in this year’s EDSF game. And so having said that, I say…

Go Ticats!

Ah, that wonderful moment before the game when the world is full of excitement and possibilities only to be expunged in a soul crushing way as reality sets in three hours later…

The way I see it: The more we see Burris running with the ball, the better chance we have to win. Without his
running its one,two and out! then the scoring is in the hands of the ALS.

That's it in a nut shell! :cowboy:

BELIEVE! when there's not much to believe in. HAVE FAITH! when faith is failing. HOPE! When it's almost hopeless. and TRUST! in those who control our destiny. THESE are the mark of a true fan. Let us move forward into the darkness together for who knows what awaits us. Anon

We're banged up, playing on a short week in a stadium that hasn't been kind to us in recent years. You're a team desperate to win and keep pace in the playoff race. This is Hamilton's game to lose IMO. While I always hope for an Als win, I fully expect the Cats to maul us tonight.

The Cats claws haven't been very sharp lately. :frowning:

As long as you have AC your chances are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're always sharp against us at Ivor Wynne. :cry:

Plus, Burris is an Als-killer.

I could say the same for you about Chris Williams! :wink:

Hi folks!

I won't be participating in the thread tonight. However, I intend to PVR the game and watch it tomorrow, so I will weigh in on the carnage sometime on Saturday.

Enjoy the game...go Cats go!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I'm ticked.....two friggin TSN channels and the morons have the f'n Ryder golf on both channels. What are they......friggin idiots???

Yes, they are

Hi guys,
The Cats force the Als to a 2 and out

Thanks Box D, it`s nice getting the game updates up here in Ottawa from Taiwan...

A quick hitter to Grant to pick up 7

Burris to Grant again, about 1/2 yard short of first down

If you have RDS they have the game not golf. :rockin: TSN SUCKS!!!!!!

Cats go for it on 3rd down, Porter in and powers his way to a first down

I see the game is on TSN now

TOUCHDOWN - FANTUZ
We’re off to a good start