Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/25/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: September 25, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. Hopefully there won't be many posts to it, as Ticat fans will hopefully be there at the game. Here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will have a chance to catch the Als in the standings, and leave the blue team and the spies far behind them in the standings. And also to see if they'll continue to have the league's second best record.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Friday, September 25th, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. There was emphasis on the quarterbacks and what they do to prepare for games this week. Shortly after 5:30 of the video the importance of going to the game to make noise is emphasized. Tafralis might have said it best when he said "if you have any questions, look at Box J..." at about 5:43.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 10% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 13 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats have won their last five games at IWS, but the team considered the league's best plays there for the first time this season tonight. The Ticats are tied for second overall for the best record in the CFL, and they are up against the team that has the CFL's best record. It would be great to see them be able to beat any team in this league. It would also be great to leave those two other east division teams far behind, so I say...

Go Ticats!

2 minutes in and we're already 7 points up. Awesome! :thup:

I don't know if we have a chance to catch Montreal -- but if we are going to tonight is a must win. Here's hoping that Cats D comes up big once again.

Okay, so this isn't a statement game for Bellefeuille. This is a "book your train tickets to Montreal in November soon" barometer. LMAO :wink:

Thanks BYF as always for the work on the thread!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

This is Game 1 of the Final Tough Four (Als' twice; Stamps, Riders once). If we can split these games we'll have an outstanding chance of finishing 10&8 and hosting a East Semi. That's as far as I'll let my dreaming take me for now.

The TSN.ca preview piece for this and the second game tonight is at http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=292492 .

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Well I’m happy to say I will not be participating in tonight GDT as my son is performing at the halftime so my butt will be in the stands cheering him and the Cats!

Go Cats!!

A small correction from Montreal:

The game will also be on RDS, which is available nation-wide.

Enjoy the game, HTD!

I gather that my “FREE HTD” t-shirt (the one with “JAMES BROWN” crossed out) won’t have to be deployed for the subsequent game threads this weekend? LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Indeed!

Thanks Russ…lol yea, all is good, Ro and I worked things out rather easily, he just needed to be persuaded to see my point… no vacation for me!

And for those of you can't get TSN

you can watch the game here

Some compliment me on the useful information I give to start off these threads. But if any of you have anything to add, as these two did, that would be appreciated. Thank you Herc and HTD.

Caulley, Haley, J. Reid are inactives. I think they also said on CHML that Gordon was too.

And good luck to HTD Junior. :slight_smile:

We are about 15-20 minutes away from the opening kickoff. Here are a few questions that come to mind?

Will Porter and the rest of the team get off to a good start? Will we see "put Glenn in" posts in the first few pages of this thread again? Will McDaniel continue to be consistent, and make us wonder why he did not replace Davis earlier? Will Cobb get holes opened for him, and will he avoid fumbling? Who will be used on returns more often? Will Setta be more like the reliable P/K he was before? How will the changes to the secondary affect the D?

This team has not been as good as it apparently can be, with points being left on the field and critical mistakes. We likely won't be able to get away with that tonight.

Go Cats Go!

Sure is windy up top at Section 24

Brox

Caulley, Haley, J. Reid are inactives. I think they also said on CHML that Gordon was too.

does that mean the mcintyre is playing this week?

Thanks for that report. I understand that there are 22 km/h winds, so maybe Setta will have a built-in excuse for missing FG attempts.

No, I think they said McIntyre was also inactive. Unfortunately.

that sucks I was hoping that he would play this week

Thanks BYF,

For your great game day threads.

Unfortunately can`t stick around for this one. I believe the Cats will win this :smiley: :rockin:

Ticats all the way!!!

Not a problem. It looks like there won’t be many who’ll post here, but that’s expected when games are held at IWS.

Kickoff coming up.