Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread: 8/25/2007

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: August 25, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_mon.jpg

After a bye week, it has been a while since the last Ticat gameday. But it is now finally here, and now, as per what is apparently gameday tradition now, the game thread for the game is started. With the game being in Montreal, we may have a good crowd here in this game thread commenting on the game as it happens. But then again, according to this thread which you can read if you click here, some who might be usually be participating in this thread might be at the game. (I’ll miss you, Russ.)

Anyway, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and The Montreal Alouettes

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get themselves into a tie for third place in the East Division. Third place in the division might not mean as much when considering records of West Division teams and the crossover rule. But getting tied with the blue team in the standings would be a good start.

WHERE - Percival Molson Stadium in Montreal, Quebec.

WHEN - Saturday, August 25th, at 7:00 p.m. EDT

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or CJAD (800 kHz AM) broadcasting (in English) from Montreal.
It is also available via Sirius Satellite Radio on Hardcore Sports ch. 186 and Play by Play 4 ch. 119.

Television: CBC. The game is available in HD. It will also be on RDS. And apparently, no local blackouts are in effect, according to an article you can read by clicking here.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.cjad.com and click the “listen now? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Montreal’s talking heads (in English.)

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via CBC’s website, and you can bring up its Internet broadcast if you click here. And you can view the TSN broadband site for clips of the Bombers defeating the blue team, but I digress yet again. :slight_smile:

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here to view a video game preview via "Ticats TV." In this clip that is 8:59 in length are parts of interviews with Taaffe, Maas, Davis, and McCants. The “revolving door? at the receiver position, the Holmes/Armstead trade, and effect of the bye week, among other topics, are discussed.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.
Click for for that neat new "interactive" depth chart. It certainly is quite flashy (bad pun intended.)

Click here for the Als depth chart.

Click here for tonight's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 60% probability of precipitation this evening and winds of 25 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 22 degrees Celsius, but it's expected to feel like 31 degrees with the humidity.

If the Ticats are looking to have some success this year, every game from here on may be considered a must-win, starting with this one. The Ticats have not won a game away from IWS in a while, and this would be a good time to end that losing streak. The Ticats have managed to keep a few games close lately, but coming close to winning is not good enough. This team must win, and hopefully they will play as if they must win.

Go Ticats!

Great job. I hope the train trekkers have an amazing time. Maybe next year I'll make this road trip.

Hold the fort, guys. I'll be joining the Scots' invasion of York...errrrrm...the Cat fans' invasion of old Molson. :smiley: :wink:

Enjoy the game!

Oski Wee Wee,

Excellent job again BYF... unfortunately I will not be able to particiapte in this week's version of the PBP thread as I have a wedding to attend to.... stupid weddings....lol.

Hopefully the Cats pull off a big W tonight.. and have fun Cat fans!!

It's not going to be the same without you two.

Maybe Russ can get a wireless connection next year.

Hi All! :cowboy:

Go Cats! 8)

My house smells like Fried Chicken right now......cause I'm frying chicken.......lol :lol:

ya Next year the Trip may be Over night ..
I hope so ..

Looking forward to Ticat Football
After the bye week

Russ is at the game so He won't be here

Hey Half,I had the game on at my wedding 20 years ago,I'm sure they wont mind if you snuck in your laptop.Come on,whats more important here!

I thought the same thing. Hard core means smuggling in water into IWS and laptops into wedding receptions.

30 Mins to Kickoff
The Train Trip People should be at Molson Stadium

You know Take the 1st Letters from The Stadium Name
Percival-Molson Stadium =PMS

Good Evening all!

Full of steak, dressed in black...

Who else is ready for a win?

Let's Get Rolling We need a Win

hi all

Hi Sig

Glad to have you aboard!

CBC Did an Interview with Armstead
They ask if he could be a Difference maker for us .

"Of Course I can I've been a Difference maker All my Life"

Defense maker? He plays on offense. I assume you meant difference maker.

WAY TO GO D!!

Nice play We get the Fumble ..

Where have we seen that before? Our ball after AC gets the dropsies...

Now lets do something with it...