Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread: 7/21/2012

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: July 21, 2012

It's that time again. Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. You can think of this thread as being like a virtual living room where fans discuss the game with each other. You can think of it as being like a virtual broadcast booth where what happens in the game is mentioned and commented on while it's happening. You can also think of it as being like Twitter but without the character limit. But there may not be as many posts here tonight, with regular contributors here being at IWS. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT - Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY - To see if the Ticats can improve their record to 2-2 and get themselves into first place in their division.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, July 21st, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN/RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

After getting that first win out of the way, the Ticats take on another opponent in their division and so it's very important that they win this game as well. The Ticats may be improving, and that's what they'll need to do to get the win tonight. If they win, they'll be in first place in their division. If they lose, they'll be 1-3. Getting the win is something that this team should be able to do, as they have been able to defeat this Montreal team lately. The last time these teams met, it was the Ticats winning in a classic. If this game is even close to being as good as that last win, it'll be one you won't want to miss. And all I have to say after that is...

Go Ticats!

defence: disrupt and distract Calvillo. each and every play. dont let him get into a rythm.
offence: secondary is still suspect. go long.
result: TiCat Win!

Als havent held an opponent to under 30 points in their first three games and the Cats havent held an opponent to under 27 points in their first three games, so odds are this game will turn into a track meet with these two high powered offences. I think if this turns into a shootout, Cats hold the advantage.

If we let Calvillo get into a rhythm we are going to get picked apart all night on defence. I am hoping Peach can come out firing on all cylinders and put Calvillo on his back a few times tonight.

Go Cats !

Sadly, I can’t make it to this game but a lot of my family will be there as usual.

Keep Calvillo back-peddling and off balance and we will be successful !

Just jump up and down a lot to block his view, just like we did in the school yard …hahaha :wink:

I don't have a good feeling about this game,

I think we'll kill ourselves with one stupid penalty after another and a piss poor start (A steadfast Ticat tradition after any big win) and calvillo & company will torch us on D. It will come down to our offense/special teams scoring 40+ points to give us a chance, as previously stated. I hear a shootout coming!

Either way, I still get to watch the game on JustinTV again :smiley:

Our secondary is actually pretty good. With Brown, Parker, and a healthy D. Anderson returning, we've got the horses to play good man coverage. It's our pass rush that is suspect at the moment.

I'm at work tonight, but I'll try to post here. Once again, thanks for starting this thread, BYF. I find something disappointing, though. Aside from Drew's blog, there is next to NO coverage on the Spec online. No game-day pieces, no updates, no quotes, NOTHING!

AND they have the audacity to try and force me to pay for this garbage online...

I am in town for a couple of days and bought my tickets yesterday at the Ticat Office on Jarvis street.
When I checked the seating chart there seemed to be a lot of empty seats in the Bronze sections, on the South Side. Bronze seemed to be a reasonable price. I told the girl I wanted to sit on the South Side but she said NO she can't sell tickets on the south side until all all the Bronze seats in the north side are sold first.
I am a little puzzled by this, we like the South Side and am a little disappointed.

I assume they do this to make the North Side look full for Television?

Scratches for tonight: Cobourne, Kelly, Baillargeon and Crable

I like the decision to bench Crable, still not sold that Jones should be in over Kelly but thats not a major deal and I feel like sitting Cobourne is a waste but if Cortez cant fit him into the line-up then so be it i guess.

Not a problem, DCF.

I also finding scratching Crable understandable, as he hasn't done much for us. And I suppose they scratched Kelly rather than Jones because Jones can also be used on returns. And Cobourne scratched again? I thought his ability to block would be useful. Will they use him or lose him?

Perhaps we do need to stretch the MTL D, and may need some screens to Walker. Perhaps Walker can gain us more rushing yards with Hage back in the lineup. Offence needs to keep improving, needs to get it together. Can't just rely on the odd YouTube-worthy TD.

As is always the case against the Als, you need to keep offence on the field so AC can't do anything against us. Sure hope Peach will remind us why we were looking forward to seeing him.

Hope to see Bartel's punts improve, and hope to the return-for-a-TD streak continue.

Kickoff coming up soon.

https://p.twimg.com/AyXPLUFCAAAQcyF.jpg

Game on!

Congi kicks it off, MTL gets it to their 45 on a good return.

Turn up the volume...

LOL - Do we EVER receive the ball? Never fails... seems like every game we kick off to start the game AND after the half...

:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like about 20,000 in the crowd, what a shame :roll:

Our run d looks top class again as always :thdn:

Nice Pick! :lol:

YES!

Williams gets the pick, first and goal for us!

Looked like the "other" Williams would get TD for the highlight reel.

OK, offence, finish the job.

TRY!!!!!!

Bakari Grant!

:thup:

7-0 TC

Almost a pick-six, and one play for a TD. Pressure is on AC.

7-0 just a few minutes in.

Hi Everyone
TD Cats
We're off to a good start, let's keep it going

Burris-to-Grant on first play after the pick does finish the job. 7-0 us!

Did not like seeing Whitaker get 10 yard gain to start and Boudreaux go offside, but seeing what might as well have been pick six made up for that... and then some. :wink:

That was a quick edit. :slight_smile: