Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread: 10/4/2008

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: October 4, 2008

http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_mon.jpg
vs.
http://cfl.ca/images/legacy/team_ham.jpg

It is once again gameday for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. And so the thread for discussing the game as it is happening is also here. The season may be considered over by some, but many of those who post here will be at IWS. For these reasons, there may not be as many posts to this thread. But this thread is here for those who want to discuss what happens in the game as it is happening. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can surprise a few people, and perhaps avoid being the last place team in the league this year.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Saturday, October 4h, at 4:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) and Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.
Internet: Visit http://www.y108.ca and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to Y108 now.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats interactive depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 20% probability of precipitation this afternoon and west winds of about 10 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature will be about 15 degrees Celsius.

The Ticats and Als have been on opposite sides of blowouts recently. The Als look like Grey Cup contenders and the Ticats seem to be considering 2008 a write-off as they prepare for 2009 with the experimenting they are doing. A white flag might have been waved by the Ticats for this season. But the games continue to be played, and you never know what can happen. Who predicted that the blue team would have come as close as they did to defeating B.C. last night? And having said that, I say...

Go Ticats!

Geez. Half hour to kick off and this is the second post.

I’m actually hoping the TiCats do finish last. At this point, why not get the first pick in the draft?

I won’t be in my seat for this game (arthritis).

yeah for the first time in a long time… I am not excited about a Ti-Cat game.

By now there would have been at least a few more posts. But as was pointed out in another thread, there has not been as much activity on this forum as there used to be. And the reason for this is understandable. I know I haven't been posting as much recently. I haven't been able to get as excited about this team. And as the smaller crowd enters IWS, I know that I can't say I am as excited about this game as I usually would be. Once again, gameday in October is about experimentation and preparation for next year, and so indifference may be expected. But those who support this team will likely be more indifferent than they usually would be in this situation. I expect to see many empty seats at IWS as crowds there decrease in size, just as the number of posts here decreases.

We will see what Porter can do at QB when he's not up against the team that leads the league in sacks by far. Will moving Anthony to DE be a good move? Will Siskowic do well at MLB? Will Jackson make us wonder why we did not have him starting at SB earlier? Will any of this matter?

A couple of the players mentioned better have big games. What TigerTown needs now is hope.

5 minutes to game time and the stands are EMPTY!

What was said by Climie about Printers was interesting. Saying he might be a capable backup? But his days of making $300k-$500k may be over. If he does go to another team, I would not be surprised if his career takes off again. We have seen that happen with many other Ticats. Just yesterday, O'Neil Wilson made a great one-handed catch for a TD. And even Chris Getzlaf has done well, catching a TD pass and making a few other good catches yesterday.

On the depth chart that I posted a link to, Keith and Miles are listed on it. But I think it has been confirmed that neither of those two will be playing today.

Kickoff is in a few minutes, as the usual pre-kickoff excitement just isn't there for me.

are you reading the posts in this thread so far Bob?

Something needs to be done and fast. I don't want to see Hamilton to become the next Ottawa.

i have seen more people in the stands at a high school game.

I have been thinking that this team being like the Rough Riders were in their last years is something that is happening.

After kickoff, Taylor gets Als to Ticat 50. I wonder how many people will read the fewer posts in this thread. There won’t be as many to read through, but who will want to be reminded of what happened>

A little more than a minute in, and it’s 1st and goal Montreal.

well an injuy is one way to break the Als momentum on their first drive.

i dont belive it!!! What a great play

A TiCat bounce?

Fumble recovered by Ticats and brought deep into Montreal territory!

Black asks "can you believe this?" and that was quite appropriate.

TISDALE!!!

WOW! Did you see that?

TD!!!

Ok a little bit of excitment has just come back to me.

Porter to Jackson for the TD!

7-0 Ticats. When was the last time Ticats have had a 7 point lead?

And how long will this last?

A TiCat receiver busting a move?

Good for Jackson. All season on the practice squad, dedicating the game to his recently deceased Dad.

Way to go jackson..

Ernest Jackson makes the TD!