Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread:10/18/2009

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: October 18, 2009

Tiger-Cats gameday is here once again. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the game as it's happening has come. So I'll get it started off once again, as it seems I'm expected to get these threads started off. And I expect Russ to get the thread started for the second half of today's doubleheader where we hope to see the cats on the west coast win. Anyway, here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday: Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes.

WHY – To see if the Ticats will move ahead of the spies in the standings, for at least a few hours.

WHERE - Percival Molson Stadium in Montreal, Quebec.

WHEN - Sunday, October 18th, 2009, at 2:00 p.m. EDT. (Hopefully the Ticats will take note of this, as with their slow starts, they don't seem to know when the game starts.)

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN/RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view this video. Because it is a cool video that's appropriate for gameday.

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here to view the Tiger-Cats depth chart. Good to see Adams and McIntyre back on it, not good to not see Rodriguez and Caulley on it.

Click here to view the interactive Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 0% probability of precipitation and winds of 15 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 9 degrees Celsius.

I don't need to tell you all how unlikely it is that a Ticat win will happen. The Als are undefeated so far this year in the stadium where today's game will be played, and the Ticats have only one win this year in stadiums not named Ivor Wynne Stadium. And considering how these teams have played lately, it may be hard to imagine a Ticat win happening. But stranger things have happened in the CFL. In fact, I recall an even-worse Ticat team beating these Als last year. You can click here to view the game thread for that game. The Als don't need the win, but the Ticats certainly do. They need to go in and focus on doing what needs to be done, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

Thanks as always, BYF!

As my birthday is tomorrow, an upset would be a nice gift of sorts. If the Als are going to be “surprised,” the Cats MUST answer the opening bell. If the ongoing patttern continues, this could get ugly for the visitors in a hurry!

Hopefully Kevin Glenn will provide the needed spark as a starter to get that done.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Thanks once again BYF, looking forward to participating in a Cats WIN thread for a change..

please don't disappoint Tabbies!!

Early birthday wishes Russ

I'll have a beer for you during the game... only 1 though... the rest are for me... and they will NOT be while reading the thread either :lol:

GO CATS!!!!

Thanks my friend. I was going to break out the Mike Gibson’s Finest for today’s game, but the SAQ is fresh out of Baby Duck.

:D :D :D

lol… well I have faith in you that you will do what is right for the Cats to win… you know what kind of car AC drives??

Hopeing for the Best but it is a Long shot for a win ..

pre game show is on on 900chml

Thank you HTD and Russ for the compliments.

I might also have a beer during the game for Russ, but I’m still actually drinking coffee at this point. And as HTD found out, it’s not a good idea to drink anything while reading Russ’ posts. That could lead to your nostrils being a pair of Budweiser geysers. :slight_smile:

20 minutes until gametime, and I have CHML on now. Here are a few questions that come to mind:

Will Porter play at all? The last time Glenn started, Porter made a few appearances. But hopefully the team won’t need to experiment with giving him chances.

How will the return of Adams and McIntyre help? Cobourne had a field day against us the last time they played us. Shutting down the ground game sure would help.

Can our receivers hang onto passes? Missing Rodriguez will hurt. But hopefully Stala will continue to be reliable, and McDaniel and AB3 will be reliable again. If not, it won’t matter who our QB is.

Here are today’s scratches:

29 DB Lawrence Gordon

43 LB Dennis Haley

53 OL Cedric Gagne-Marcoux

90 DL Demonte Bolden

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/10/ticat-scratches.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/ ... tches.html[/url]

TSN coverage is on now! :wink:

SO i hope we brake AC in half ....They deserve it letting him play in this game ....Could really really put a damper on the AL's playoffs if AC is not the QB .... Go CAT's Go ..... TIME TO DO SOME HOME WRECKING ....

Otis Floyd was talking trash with Montreal running back Avon Cobourne during pre-game warm up. There's nothing unusual about that, other than the intensity of it - Otis walked to near mid-field and had to be discouraged by on field officials.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/10/trash-talk.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2009/ ... -talk.html[/url]

Shultzie knows of what he speaks!!!!
Glenm should have started after Labour day

but hindsight is easy!!

Dunnigan concurs

WIN WIN WIN.....COME ON BOY'S OR IT'S GONNA BE.....

[url]Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - YouTube

GOOD LUCK GUY'S

Hi folks – is my sig visible?

Not in your posts. But I like it: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HaoJXGM0WGY/S … irdsig.jpg

Nope, unless of course your sig is a red x…lol

:lol:

LOL K

Bishop's is later LOL

"Beautiful Day" by U2 plays, meaning kickoff is imminent.

And there it is. Game on.

McDaniel tackled just before our 20.

We need a Quick Start !!!

Alright.. let's see 7 on this opening drive... GO CATS!!!!!!