Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes Play-by-Play Game Thread:10/16/2011

Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes: October 16, 2011

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And so it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may be many posts here, as this game is not anywhere near where most Ticat fans can get to. And here we go.

WHAT – Tiger-Cats Gameday. Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Montreal Alouettes

WHY – To see if the Ticats can improve their record to 8-7, win the season series against Montreal, and catch up to those two teams ahead of them in their division. And to see if they can clinch a playoff spot.

WHERE - Percival Molson Stadium in Montreal, Quebec.

WHEN - Sunday, October 16th, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN/RDS.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. He'll likely keep his blog updated during the game.

Click here, here and here for articles on today's game on Ticats.ca.

Click here for a game preview on Ticats TV.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 40% probability of precipitation this afternoon and southwest winds of 35 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 15 degrees Celsius.

After a game in which the Ticats did not look impressive at all, they go into a stadium in which they are winless since 2002 and they are missing a few starters in its secondary. Even though the Ticats can win the season series against the Als, not many are giving them a chance to win. But after the blue team won their game against Calgary on Friday, you have to believe that anything can happen in the CFL. If the Ticats win, they'll be back above .500, get a long overdue win in Montreal, and have a chance to host a playoff game. If they lose, they'll be below .500, and it'll be highly unlikely a playoff game will be played at IWS this year. This team has a chance as long as it is as good as it has been before, and so I say...

Go Ticats!

Which Ti-Cats team is going to show up?

I am stuck at work. Any one know if I can watch the game on the net .

If you are in Canada you can watch on TSN.ca, if you are in the US and your internet provider allows ESPN3.
In my case my internet provider doesn't subscribe to ESPN3, so hopefully I can find it on one of the "illegal" websites.

Hang on fine lads this may be a rough day. :oops:

I am in water down thanks for your help

..and how will the new (yet again!) secondary hold up? Will AC operate on them with his usual surgical precision?

...and will Glenn have one of his bounce-back great games? Will the O-line break open some holes for Coburne/Grant?

stay tuned, sports fans!

They have internet in Water down now? Wow!!!! LOL :rockin:

Trestman said defensive back Dwight Anderson has been placed on the nine-game injury list with an unspecified ailment, either a hip or a leg problem, after seeing a doctor Friday. But the Alouettes have had to shuffle their backfield all season.
High winds and rain are forecast for Sunday so it could be a tough day for both offences to move the ball and avoid turnovers.
[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/alouettes-tiger-cats-will-battle-for-playoff-berth/article2202490/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le2202490/[/url]

Well HTD, I will be showing up with my lovely fiancee hoping that the Jeykll-Cats make their first visit to Montreal since 2002. LOL We shall see if the Glenn-Porter shuffle will change things up for the better.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Hope you will enjoy a good game, Russ. Do they still serve Labatt's "Cinquant" at the stade?

LOL I think it is pretty much a Molson Ex kinda deal now. I recall Labatt 50 at Als and Expos games for many years and have the palate damage to prove it. :slight_smile:

:D :D :D
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=378220

"I have only respect for Avon," said Whitaker. "He's still in my eyes the best running back in the league over the last few years.

"He does it all. I've learned a lot from him and I appreciate what he's done for me. When we play against each other, he's still big brother, on and off the field. When we get out there it's war, and after, it's brotherly love again."

Should be a great game today, regardless of which team wins.

This site works pretty good too if you can't get the TSN feed
http://furbynation-tv.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-index.htm

Which team will show up? Just as important, which coaching strategy will show up?
I still can't get over my conviction that this coaching staff still can't, or is not willing, to define where their greatest strength lies, and use that strength consistently. They seem to be still running a training camp, searching for the right combination. Why can't they define their greatest strengths, play those strengths cocsistently, and show confidence in them?

If Porter gets a great deal of playing time. it means that they still don't know which way to go.

Agreed Wilf.... I cannot for the life of me why these coaches will not use what has WORKED until it no longer works... THEN find something else that works!!

I have to agree with that. I don't know why Grant and Thigpen were not utilized that much last week. I expect that to change today. As Kirk and I pointed out, wind should have an effect on what goes on on the field today. The opening coin toss matters more than it usually does.

And no pregame shows on TSN or CHML? Oh well.

#Ticats scratches today: RB D. Stephenson, DB C. Rwabukamba, OL B. Simmons, DE Powell. K S. DeAngelis among the #Alouettes scratches.
[url=http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/status/125613386384932864]http://twitter.com/#!/scratchingpost/st ... 6384932864[/url]

I want to see Kelly have a good game and prove to us why Mann was traded and that Kelly could make us forget about Mann. I have heard good things about Webb and Turenne, and I hope to see good things from them today.

And can we put points on the board first for a change? And more importantly, not get off to a start that says "this will be a long day" this time? And even more importantly, not let this be a long day, and perhaps even... win? We'll find out soon.

TSN's coverage on now.

The first 5 to 10 min's will tell the tail. If they come out flat and uninspired ,we will lose period!!!!!!!!!

The talk from the TSN panel and on CHML is about there being more use of Porter. It is interesting, will be interesting to see what actually happens.

That may be true.

Kickoff coming up.

Well.. .we are about to find out.. kick off is up!