Tiger-Cats sign Chris Leak

Tiger-Cats sign Chris Leak

Canadian Press

June 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM EDT

HAMILTON — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats bolstered their quarterback core Tuesday with the signing of former Florida Gators pivot Chris Leak.

The six-foot, 207-pounder from Charlotte, N.C., had a 94.8 rating in his last season with the Gators in 2006, when he threw for 2,942 yards and 23 touchdowns.

The CFL team now has five quarterbacks in camp, including starter Casey Printers, backup Richie Williams, sophomore Timmy Chang and newcomer Quinton Porter.

u beat me to the punch whoknows

Sorry....just got some more news. Peter Warrick was just released as well.

Peter Warrick's tenure with the Montreal Alouettes is over,
as the club decided to release him on Tuesday.

Warrick, a former first-round pick of the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals, signed with the CFL team last week.

So now Montreal is out on Warrick, Rodgers and Cody. Never mind losing out on Armour during the FA period.

Then people wonder why we don't go out and sign these types of guys :roll: It's only ended this way a bazillion times like this. If someone has a history of self destructive behaviour you don't touch em, it's that simple, it's just a waste of time.

well someone is going to need to be cut for Leak's roster spot, and i believe that persons name starts with C and end with hang.

Goodbye Chang
Goodbye Porter

This ain't no Shaun King!

A- who is timmy chang

this is a great signing, i am very suprised he did not catch on in the NFL. His measurables are very similar to Kevin Glenn. The only difference is he had alot more college success.

He wasnt even drafted i dont think. Guess he doesnt fit the nfl mold but its gonna be interesting to see how he does with the big field.

All I know about him is that he has a huge championship game against a predictable zone defence.

College success doesn’t mean much, look at Timmy what’s his name?

My opinion is that all quarterback need time to ajust to the cfl there is no quarterback in the cfl who comes up here in the first year and throw 5000 yard and 40 td it just dosen't happen this is casey team for the next 2 yrs.

maybe the Chang gang can help with this one...

Easy everyone. This is Hamilton where a backup even if he's third string is only as good as how bad the starter is.
Before Leak, Porter's or Wms. talent level suddenly skyrockets Printers has to wet the bed first.

When it comes down to final cuts at the QB spot it is like I always say
“When you have to take a Leak…”

No ones expecting anything more except to come in and compete with Porter and Timmy for the third qb spot. And if he wins he'll be able to sit on the bench for a year and either educate himself or learn nothing because we don't have a qb coach to teach him a thing.

I'll be surprised if Leak is around for the season opener.

here is a scouting report on him, because i know how much y'all love these things lol.

[url=http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=7]http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/prof ... spect_ID=7[/url]

and here's a good video on him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMiRhWljN28

Sorry, hit submit twice