Tiger-Cats return man Banks defends his actions on Twitter

“If you have never played a down of professional football... Then shut up.. You will never kno what it takes?

“I cried cause I take this game serious.I have a family dependin on me. And this is what I do for a living I gave my all for the TEAM?

“I would never quit on the team!!! Ima real athletes and we don’t quit no matter what so think what yAll want… I gave it my all ???

“Yall see crying as whining instead of the passion I have for this game …?

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-return-man-banks-defends-his-actions-on-twitter-1.150115]http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-return-man ... r-1.150115[/url]

Interesting discussion in the comments section.

I’ve been on both sides of intense and close playoff and championship games. Emotions run wild and deep. I knew exactly where Banks was because I’ve been there myself. You want guys like that on your team cause they leave it all in the field. He has passion and passion is contagious. Guys like him lift the entire team to a higher standard.

They are just people...

Just human but we needed him to reel himself in and be ready to go out to play offense.
Either he was mentally-physically unavailable or coach Austin did not like what he saw but why was he not on the field after the return???

Strongly disagree! Brandon Banks is just as human as you and I. There were only a couple of plays left in the game
and he was too upset to play them. Never have I seen a Grey Cup denied a team due to an official’s call that 9 times
out of 10 would have been ignored. The penalty was called a clip. If you saw all the repeats I saw of this play, I’m sure
you would agree, it was a very cheap , unnecessary call. The fact that it was called at all, lost the Grey Cup for our team
and ripped Banks apart. This was a very human thing. He was unfit to go back on the field and I don’t blame him.
He subsequently had a chat with Reid, the linebacker the penalty was called on and let him know he carried no ill will
about the situation and respects that Reid was simply trying to do his job.

In his interview he was asked why he wasn’t on the field. He said he was emotionally unstable.

I think it’s unprofessional. Keep your head in the game, especially when the team, and Tank Reed, need you most.

Cry after the game, with the rest of the team.

I think it’s selfish, and I think that selfishness leaked out in that interview.

http://wpmedia.sports.nationalpost.com/2014/12/ticats-2.jpg?w=620&h=429

And I still haven’t seen a team denied the Cup due to an official call that ‘9 times out of 10 would be ignored’. I did see a play come back on a call that WOULD be made at least 9 times out of 10. (Actually I believe 10 out of 10 - but why quibble, I’m willing to drop to 9 out of 10 WILL be called.

And I’ve watched the play so many times in capturing the pictures I’ve posted showing exactly why it was the correct call I’ve lost count. But having done so I agree with what pretty much EVERY impartial observer and most TiCats fans have said - correct call. .

And in Banks own comments on the TSN interview there is absolutely no hint from him that he thinks it was a bad call. In fact all his answers seem to be a tacit admission the call was right. He only talks about how he’s not going to ‘blame Reed’. He’s ‘made may mistakes myself’. Reed ‘was busting his butt trying to block for me’ ‘he didn’t do it on purpose’.

If that is not an admission he thinks it was an illegal block - I don’t know what is. I respect Banks for that admission.

Don't pick on speedy he has speed and balls , this player for his size has absolutely no fear at all up the middle , or the deep ball he puts his small frame on the line full speed I've never seen speed and no fear for a
Smaller sized player , this guy will take any hit period , Respect his abilities as I see more drive and heart than CW and Thiggy ever had , my kids love him all the kids at the elementary schools just talk speedy soon he will be more popular than Zack !and there is nothing that gets THF Rocking than taking it to the house without a Zebra Flag I love this little guy , they better sign him $$$$$

He's a football player not a robot. He basically hit a walk off hr in the bottom of the ninth to win a world series.

If you think Carter woulda been able to come back to the plate with a healthy mindset after jumping around the bases..well you have more faith than I.

Sadly I think Carter's home run in 1993 is the last time one of my teams won a championship at a game that I was at in person. Sigh!

And you are right Ryan - if after that suddenly they ruled one of the base umpires had called time just before the pitch - you are right - Carter would have been hard pressed to step into the batter's box after that INSANE moment.

You were there?!?! Wow, I watched on tv and wished I was there. I couldn’t even imagine how incredible that must have been.

Yup - I was there. Even made it on to the official MLB World Series video for about 5-6 seconds reacting to a play earlier in the game with a camera literally right next to me as I was seated on the aisle. And yes it was ABSOLUTELY an insane game to be at and the single loudest noise I've ever heard in my life when that ball cleared the left field fence.

Hopefully someday in the next few years I'll make it to a Grey Cup game that the Cats win and I'll have a ticket stub from that to go with this one. (only $78 for good seats just 25 rows up from 1st base - lol). Unfortunately somewhere in one of my moves I lost my 1972 Grey Cup stub. Sigh.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10389288_10203715860830297_2936771562754492280_n.jpg?oh=73e286723ba4e4e1fdf02a8518440d85&oe=5512772C

You have finally sunk to a new low.

At the risk of breaking one of the forum guidelines, I am going to say that you are full of cr@p. So much so that your eyes are brown ans your breath smells like a$$.

THE MAN WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE 100% EFFORT AFTER THAT RUNBACK!!! HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?!?

We know that Brandon is not the most eloquent of speakers, but the guy’s head wasn’t in the game at that point. Would you rather he mess up a route and that lead to a pick-six to end the game?

I did see that. I stand by my opinion.

Would you rather he mess up a route and that lead to a pick-six to end the game?
I'd rather see him be a consummate pro and teammate, get his head in the game like every other player, and get back in as soon as he caught his breath. His comments about himself have nothing to do with any lack of eloquence that you claim he has.

Shouldn’t he be thinking more about Reed and a his teammates, than himself? Shouldn’t that be his motivation?

Personally I do think he should have been able to pick himself up, and I did hear a few too many "me" and "I" for my liking.
Im willing to give him a pass because its not like hes known as selfish and doesn't exactly come across that way, but I didn't like the way any of this looked or sounded to be honest.

Nice. You have to get Carter to sign that someway somehow! I’d imagine you could sell that ticket for a pretty penny.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings about that.

He’s an electrifying player, and a huge asset for sure.

It’s easy to be a gracious winner, but when times are tough and adversity rears its ugly head, one’s true nature is revealed. A positive example is Tank Reed’s manning up. Gotta love him for it.

Wow! :o

Amazeballs!

Thanks for sharing! :thup:

In his interview he was asked why he wasn't on the field. He said he was emotionally unstable.

I think it’s unprofessional. Keep your head in the game, especially when the team, and Tank Reed, need you most.

Cry after the game, with the rest of the team.

I think it’s selfish, and I think that selfishness leaked out in that interview.

http://wpmedia.sports.nationalpost.com/2014/12/ticats-2.jpg?w=620&h=429

You hear so much talk about the modern day athlete and there lack of caring. We have a prime example of one who obviously put his heart and soul into the game and it’s unprofessional?

Would I have liked him to be on the field for the last couple of plays? Absolutely. Do I think it would have made a difference? Nope.

I respect your opinion, but mine differs.

To use your terminology, I think if a “modern day athlete” cared, or “put his heart and soul into the game” he would have been on the field, rather than sitting on the bench, upset because a career defining moment was taken away from him. To me, that does not show concern for the team.