Tiger Cats players moving on

Nice.

1 Like

Actually, while a young Lucy was a wowser,

I knew the stooges as a young kid. Even sat in Larry’s lap backstage as he talked to me and the rest of the family. Moe was unfriendly. By the time I knew them it was Joe DeRita.

2 Likes

I guess she prefers Celine Dion muzak rather than the lively tunes of “my guy”, Walter Ostanek, the Polka King?

1 Like

Hey you big lugs! What’s the big idea with all these off topic Stooges posts anyhow?

Give ‘‘em their own topic that they desoive, see. Or I’ll pop all of yas in the kisser.

P.S. How come no one else has ever thought of a hydrogen peroxide jersey like good ole Moe?

1 Like

Yeah? Pick two fingers…

2 Likes

That’s her loss. :smile:

With talk of Reinebold and the Stooges, in back-to-back posts, I must point out they both came up with some pretty interesting special teams' ideas ....
ThreeLittlePigskinsTTS-004-000B-1

4 Likes

Origins of CTE

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but in all the Stooges episodes/movies I have seen, NOT ONCE do I remember seeing a "low blow".

No comment on the Lucy pic? LEAST ‘Lucylike’ that I could find. :grin:

1 Like

Betty White was a “looker” too…

Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca shows the club has released National DL Donovan Glave, who played at McMaster in '19 & '21 and was signed, by the Tiger-Cats, at the end of this past December.

3 Likes

5 days before training camp is scheduled to start, CFL veteran AM DE J.R. Tavai, who was signed by the TiCats in February, has been put on the Retired List, at age 28.
Source: Transactions - Football Player Trades and Signings - CFL.ca

1 Like

Since the Ticats signed Tavai as a free agent, they presumably signed him to a contract at a decent number. Now that he has retired, that money is available to spend on another player. Maybe Hamilton eventually spends it to lure a late training camp cut from another team (vet)?

3 Likes

That’s too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him play for the Cats.

2 Likes

I thought Cordarro Law was still a free agent. If so he would be worth a look at def. End. I would say J.R. we hardly knew ya, but we actually didn’t know him at all. Too bad but best of luck in your next career.

I get the sense we may see a lot more of Malik Carney and Mason Bennett this year, unless someone really wows in camp.

2 Likes

Imagine rushing out to sign a guy in free agency to have him retire before camp.

Is Tavai's retirement a bigger blow to the TiCats' than the underwhelming reaction, here, so far? Am I mistaken in believing he's the only DE, with pro experience, the club has signed, since losing Ja'Gared Davis?

2 Likes

What is your point here?

Is it a criticism of management?

Is it a question of player motivation?

A jab at the agent?

What…

Please be concise.

3 Likes

Because no one can say with a straight face what,if any, impact he would have had. We lost Davis and fans invested a ton of over-optimism when Tavai was signed to,fill the void.
Theres no reaction to losing Tavai because nobody knew what we had. The hype mostly based on rainbows and unicorn sneezes.

3 Likes