Tiger Cats players moving on

Cats offensive Lineman Darius Ciraco has agreed to terms with the Redblacks,,QB,,David Watford has been let go,,how many more are the Cats going to lose,,

Seems fishy all the players joining our former GM in Ottawa.

2 Likes

At this rate Redblacks will have more Tiger Cat players than we will,,lol,,

1 Like

Not hard to believe that Burke would try to sign a lot of ex-Cats. He knows those players more than any other teams’ players in the league. Knew what they made, probably what the Cats would be willing to re-sign them at.
It’s not like Ottawa had a lot of huge contracts on the books that were holding them back. What they’re paying Masoli is basically what Nichols and Davis would have made combined last year, maybe even a bit less.
Most of their defensive free agents are still unsigned, so at the moment they’ve got lots of cash to play with.

4 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, we are taking a more cutthroat approach this year? Call it the Ed Hervey effect?
1-We need to start more Canadians at reciever to make sure we can start Don Jackson so Acklin becomes expendable.
2-We need an O-line shake up. Ciraco has a bad back and we have younger draft picks ready to step up.
3-We need to go younger, faster, healthier at reciever. Banks gets released.
4-We need to pick a clear cut starting QB. We go with the younger Evans.

We assume we are losing these guys to better offers, but maybe we have a plan in place. Second best 2 years in a row is not good enough. Many on this board would agree.

Now all this would make even more sense is Ja'Gared signs back with us.

Or I'm wrong and our old Assistant GM was the glue holding this team together for the last few years after all.

12 Likes

Very well said,,

My only issue to now is the tire fire that was the OLine is the tire fire x 2 at the moment.

Coach O knows how to cobble together a D-unit in his sleep.
He has not proven he can do the same on the other side of the ball.

1 Like

The only thing that keeps me from believing you're right is that when Burke left, Allemang wasn't immediately named the GM. Instead, they do this weird 3 dude committee system.

1 Like

All of the above makes sense to me. Jackson cannot sit if this team is to be successful, especially if the O-Line problems aren't solved. Speedy following Masoli makes sense because of their chemistry and the time left in their careers.

[quote="guelphcatsfan, post:9, topic:76527"]

All of the above makes sense to me. Jackson cannot sit if this team is to be successful, especially if the O-Line problems aren't solved. Speedy following Masoli makes sense because of their chemistry and the time left in their careers.

Its the same thing all over again,,Cats letting players walk in order to save money,,and they never recover either,,ive seen this in the years past from the Cats,,no wonder they cant keep the very good players,,,dont count on Stein getting anyone any good from free agency,,as far as JaGared is concerned, he,s really gonna stick it to the Cats when he,s on the field,,it wouldn,t want to be in Evans shoes ,,thats 1 of the greatest screw ups that the Cats have ever made,,and they,ve made many,,dont get me wrong,,just my opinion,,
2 Likes

When the dust finally settles and players are officially free to sign elsewhere tomorrow I predict that we will see the following ex-Cats taking up residence in the nations capital this season ...

QB - j . Masoli
WR - j . Acklin
RB - j . Bennett
WR -B. Banks
C/G - D. Ciraco
DE - L . Mauldin

As for more departures , some are a given it seems and some are just a gut feeling on my part...

J. Davis - de Toronto
J.Rolle - db Edmonton
C. Frey - lb Montreal
M. Irons - rb B.C.
T . Laurent - dt Montreal

As for our other remaining FA's not mentioned above...

T. Beverette - lb possibly re-signed
M . Daley - db not re-signed
C. Evans - db re-signed
ST . Erlington - rb re-signed
D . Ungerer - wr possibly re-signed
D. Watford -qb not re-signed
F . Williams - db ??? Honestly don't have a clue or guess on this one .

1 Like

Where does it say that Ciante Evans and Erlington are re-signed,,

Also dont forget about Delvin Breaux,,,

BoBo just said it :grinning:

1 Like

Show me where its officlal,,

It's not he's just spitballing

3 Likes

I guess you didn't read the part of the post where I stated ..."some are a given it seems and some are just a gut feeling on my part"

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm honestly just like the 3 headed Ti-Cat GM monster . Much like them I really don't know what the Hell we're going to see tomorrow when the doors officially open up on the FA Market circa 2022 . Outside of the moves already mentioned in the media and basically known by all the rest of my post is just pure speculation on my part on how I think that things will go down tomorrow .

Delvin Breaux has been cleared to retun to CFL,, not sure where he,ll sign,,