Tiger-Cats Pipes & Drums ?

I would love to hear a pipe and drum old style drum line maybe with some bag pipes to open that emotional door which it does for me and alot of other folks from young to old so no matter where your from or who your heart belongs to or what country holds your heart , ( let’s here the drum & pipes play )…was a great thread . Maybe the band will be herd without holding your ears cause the P.A system is too loud …Hahahahahahaha

Still going strong. Rehearsals Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Probably gearing up for the 15-20 Santa Claus parades they do each year.

It would have to "massed pipes & drums" to be heard over the crowd during player introductions. Would be nice before the game and during tv commercial times etc.

Wi" a hundred pipers, an' a an' a

I guess I should have been more specific. I meant… what happened to the Burlington Teen Marching Band at TiCat games?

I mean nothing personal in what I will say here, bg, Wilf,

but I have every right to comment on any poster’s post.

I made the point that…

few of us like people from other cultures
bringing their ethnic battles over here.

I would say it to anyone who smirkingly insults people
of other cultures than himself, or their ancestors.

IMO, Wilf brought up mine and mikey’s personal issues
and you agreed, Tina, long before trouble was brewing.

I abstained from commenting to either of you
until I read your post quoted here, Tina.

isn’t it possible, bg, that I, as well as Smoke9
may have been genuinely offended by the fact

the English were called ‘thugs and morons’?

I am of English ancestry.

I would have preferred that both of you
waited until an actual problem developed

before you both ganged up on me,

but que sera sera, what will be will be.

Good grief :roll:

1. The comment about the "English" was clearly in the spirit of the subject and made in jest referring to the 'Braveheart' days....some people correctly saw that right away and "got it"....

2. I have Scottish, English and Irish blood in me too so I'm poking fun at all of my heritage while I'm at it

3. My comments were not racist as some suggest.....merely a jab at the past behaviours of a certain nationality......which, by and large are true......read your history.....

4. The Argos and Mike O'Shea have and continue to receive far more verbal abuse than the entire country of England ever will.....lmao! :lol: :wink:

5. not to miss an opportunity, all three nationalities have lousy food.......yech! Haggis?...bangers and mash ?.....boiled cabbage ?......ok, Scottish meat pies and English Fish and Chips are good......but that's it!...

6. as some suggest, it appears a few jump on opportunites to continue hidden motives.....and/or agendas........lighten up......the comment was all in fun.....and was from the same race of people. England and Scotland have always had a rivalry.......thankfully it's peacful after the Scottish whipped the English butts once and for all !......somewhat like how the British and Natives whupped the American's butts right in this area...(damn yankees!) ........lol !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockin:

Absolutely correct…At the risk of prolonging a thread that has got completely out of hand, I think it’s time for an end to this whole situation.
Ron,do you realize that this stupid feud has been going on for over 5 years? Can you even estimate the number of threads that have been sabotaged by the silly , bombastic whining on both sides? Have you any idea the number of posters who have deserted this site to escape the scene?

I am now going to attempt to write ‘FINIS’ to this sad chapter,

I hereby declare that Ronfromtigertown is the winner of this five-year-long conflict.

Now, if you guys have any sense at all, you will abandon the past , relax, and at least let the rest of us participate in an intelligent, insightful conversation about things that really matter.

Ron, Mikey…To both of you…Keep well, my friends… LIfe is too short to waste time on foolishness…

Wilf, great point about the Ghurkhas…not only can they stand up to the best in the Pipes and Drums area, but I sure wouldn’t want to mess with them in the field of hand-to-hand combat…the legendary tales of their battle prowess would be enough for me to throw up the white flag in surrender just at the very thought of their arrival…those guys are like ghosts apparantly and by the time you realize they are on you, it’s too late already. Fiercly loyal to the British Monarchy I might add…and they get paid well in return, including pensions.

I'm sorry if you feel you were being "ganged up on", Ron. I don't think that was Wilf's intent and it certainly wasn't mine.

I have no issue with anyone commenting on a post that they find offensive and that includes you. I'm of Irish decent so the "druken" Irish comment wasn't my favourite either, but I tend to take these things less seriously on these types of online forums than I would in "real" life because I know a lot of these people would never say half of what they post to anyone's face and are really out to grab some attention they may be lacking.

You guys were right to be annoyed by
those battles Zontar instigated with mikey

I feel I took a minor role in them
and that I wasn’t an instigator.

I was feeling ganged-up on.

Thank you for saying that Tina.

Now all I do is ask mikey questions to see if
he’ll think about what he has said and reconsider

and then I back off!

Actually, now that I think about it, didn’t the Ticats have the Pipes and Drums of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders as regular half-time entertainment back in the 80’s and 90’s?..even if we can’t have an actual Ticats Pipes and Drums formed permanently, why not have a few games a year where let’s say, the Hamilton Police Pipes and Drum and the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders join together and put on a real spectacle with sword dancers, massed bands etc …you know, the whole enchalada…I know for a fact the two bands are quite close and actually both share practice space at the James St. Armouries…(currently called the John Foote Armoury)…or they did in the past at least…and we already know that kilts are welcome at Ivor Wynne Stadium thanks to the Box J Boys…lol (ok, for all you (especially the English :wink: ) with the Scottish kilt jokes, fire away)… :lol: :lol: :lol:

(but keep the stuff about sheep to yourselves as this is a family site…hahaha)

This is the most bizarre thing Ive read. I’ll never understand how people take anything that happens in a freaking internet message board so personally.
I’m not taking anyones side, frankly I dont know who anyone is, I have enough real life friends to worry about, and I’m not sitting here saying its wrong to consider someone you met on a message board a ‘friend’ (especially considering we’re all from the same city so meeting in person is a likelihood) but when you feel so personally hurt or insulted or bothered, or whatever the word is… on a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD, then its time to take a step back and reevaluate things.

ON A FREAKING PIPE AND DRUM THREAD!
Sad, sad.
And I apologize… as a newbie that doesnt have several thousand posts for addressing the ‘insiders club’ but had to be said.

It might have seemed less bizarre to you, xytbe,

if you had read the threads which had to be locked
which Wilf, borehamgirl and I referred to here,

and I do know them and deerhunter personally
not just as posters on this ticats.ca message board.