Tiger-Cats at Roughriders 2022 Play-By-Play Thread

Opening game of the 2022 season.
Dane is our starting QB.
The majority of our Defence is back, but I fear we will really miss Ja'Garred Davis at DE.
Unlike many, I am not all that impressed with the quality (and experience) of our receivers.
We have a new Centre, so the jury's out on this point. Except, we had a new Centre last season, and look what happened.
Don't talk to me about the state of the punting. Hopefully a guy they signed a couple of days ago doesn't mess up TOO much.
There have been two "exciting but somewhat sloppy" games this week. Let's hope for a win that doesn't rely on a last-second FG attempt...

1 Like

Gee, thanks for the positive game thread! :upside_down_face:
Fingers crossed we come out and play like we are very capable of against a good team and hostile crowd.
Won't be easy, but I got us winning by 10

Who scores first TD of the season? Evans on a scramble? Shiltz on a sneak? Jackson from 20? or is it airborne?

Im going to guess Addison from Evans in the 20-30yard range

1 Like

Looks like maybe a little rain during the game and fairly strong, cross field winds.

1 Like

I'll go off the board here and say it will be our new guy Woods on a punt or kick return .

1 Like

Opening kickoff would be awesome!

1 Like

Just like Lindsay LaMar in the season opener in 2013 versus the Anchors at Rogers . I was there , first time he touched the ball BOOM !!! TD !!!

2 Likes

Six minutes of commercials to start?! Hello PVR...

O-line playing like our O-Line last year...

NOT a great start!

An auspicious start.

2 Likes

Four man rush :roll_eyes:

1 Like

OUCH !!!! Well that's not a great start . :grimacing:

1 Like

Déjà vu with that ol

I was going to say that, for a change, the Ticats don't have to worry about staying up past their bedtime in a western game. Unfortunately they look like they haven't woken up yet.

4 Likes

WTF !!! The guy shoves Simoni down after the play an no flag ???

I guess we'll have to listen Suitor slurp the Riders tonight...

Or, shut the sound off and listen on the radio...

2 Likes

Cats 0

Riders 3

Pretty good outcome all things considered...

2 Likes

100% agree.

And TSN actually showed a replay of it. Surprising.

1 Like