TIGER-CATS ADD RB FORD AND DB ROBINSON TO PR

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that the football club has signed two international free agents to practice roster agreements, including running back Michael Ford and defensive back Jermaine Robinson.

Ford, 26, has appeared in three CFL games with the Saskatchewan Roughriders this season, rushing eight times for 39 yards and adding eight receptions for 64 receiving yards. The 5-10, 216-pound native of Leesville, Louisiana, returns to Hamilton after registering 186 rushing yards on 33 carries and nine receptions for 86 receiving yards in six games with the Tiger-Cats in 2015.

In 2013, Ford appeared in 12 games with the NFL’s Chicago Bears, returning five kickoffs for 37 yards and collecting three special teams tackles. He also suited up in 37 games at Louisiana State University from 2009 to 2012, registering 243 carries for 1,392 rushing yards, eight receptions for 69 yards and 14 total touchdowns (13 rushing, 1 receiving).

Robinson, 26, posted 25 defensive tackles and one interception in 10 games with the Ottawa Redblacks in 2016 before being released on September 9. The 6-3, 205-pound defensive back has played in 22-career CFL games with the Redblacks since 2014, accumulating 48 defensive tackles and an interception.

Prior to joining Ottawa, Robinson suited up for the Sioux Falls Storm of the Indoor Football League in 2013. The Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, native also played four seasons with the University of Toledo (2009-12), recording eight interceptions, including four in his senior season (two were returned for touchdowns) in 2012. Robinson also posted 229 total tackles, five forced fumbles, and broke up 25 pass attempts with the Rockets, earning Mid-American Conference all-star honours at free safety in 2012.

Happy to see Ford back. Was sad to see him let go the first time. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity to play with Gable out. Although Scherman(sp?) did play very well last game.

Robinson was the Redblacks starting safety this season, was released last week

These are 2 excellent signings

Ford can give us the Riders playbook, Oh wait, they may not have one. :lol:

Robinson can give pointers on the Redblack defence, Oh wait, they don't have a defence. :lol:

Good depth pick up with Ford and he knows the system.

Robinson is an aggressive hard hitting player but tends to take some unnecessary penalties. (I believe that is why he was released from the REDBLACKS). Penalties aside, he could be a valuable addition to the secondary. Would be great he if could play other positions in the secondary besides safety. Did he not also play for the Argos at one time?

I'll take that any day. If and when Courtney Stephen returns to the line-up, I would be starting Robinson at safety and Stephen back on the corner where he's played the last couple of years. Of the six different players who have started on the corner this season, Stephen is better than all of them.

They've shown no inclination to put Stephen back on the corner at all. Maybe they're thinking they might try Robinson at SAM & move Murray back to HB? Robinson is similar in size to Erik Harris & Murray was great at HB. Maybe Ellis takes a corner spot.

I like your speculation.

It will be interesting to see how accurate it is. If it is accurate do you have any winning lottery numbers? :wink:

Mike, if I had winning lottery numbers, I'd have posted this from a poolside bar in the Caribbean instead of from my job, pretending to be working. 8)

8) As much as I liked Ford during his first stink here, there is no way they take Scheurman out of the line up, considering
  what he did in his first game last week !!   He had almost as many rushing yards in one game that Ford had in 6 games 
   last year !!

Scheurman is a quality back, and should continue to be our feature back until he falters !!

The Cats also have another good running back on the injury list,  in the name of Da'Rel Scott.
    He was injured in the final pre-season game and has been on the IR list since then.

These new additions to the team will do little if anything to offset the loss of
Chad Owens and several others due to injuries .

I hope Saskatchewan is not being taken lightly because as we all know, any team in the
CFL is capable of winning. I hope our players and coaches are taking this game as seriously
as necessary to win with so many backups in the lineup.

Go Cats!

Owens has not been placed on the injured list (yet)

roster moves today

Jamie Thomas ?@TSNJamieThomas 17m17 minutes ago
#TiCats sign DB V'Angelo Bentley 2 practice roster. Place WR Matt Coates on 6 game injured list and move WR Mike Jones 2 active roster #CFL

Welcome back Michael Ford and DB Robinson hope you get the opportunity to play in replace of the injured Tiger-Cats.

Ross Scheuermann did a great job in replace of C.J. Gable last game against Montreal, he looked great, hope it continues
until C.J. is healthy again.

Important games remaining as the Tiger-Cats make a run for the playoffs and home field advantage in the east division, we need to get back on track and win the majority of games left in this season.

Lets win another against Saskatchewan this weekend.

GO CATS GO!!!

A little harsh, don't you think? :smiley: