TIGER-CATS ADD INT DB AARON BERRY TO PR

TIGER-CATS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK BERRY TO PRACTICE ROSTER

[i]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Wednesday that the football club has signed international free agent defensive back Aaron Berry to a practice roster agreement.

Berry, 28, appeared in 13 games with 12 starts for the Toronto Argonauts in 2016, posting 38 defensive tackles and one special teams tackle. The 5-11, 180-pound native of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, played 20 games in the National Football League over four seasons with the Detroit Lions (2010-11), New York Jets (2012) and Cleveland Browns (2014), registering 37 combined tackles, 12 passes defended and one interception.

In 47 games over four seasons (2006-09) at the University of Pittsburgh, Berry accumulated 93 tackles (70 solo, 23 assisted), five tackles for loss, six interceptions, one blocked kick and 27 pass breakups. In his senior season, Berry earned second-team All-Big East honours after collecting 31 tackles (25 solo, six assisted), 10 pass breakups and one interception.[/i]

[url=http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-add-defensive-back-berry-to-practice-roster/]http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-add-defensi ... ce-roster/[/url]

Great addition to our defensive backfield, and without giving anything up to get him.

Title says NAT, the article says INT. Which is it?

8) He's an International.

OOPS!! sorry, fixed it.
I'm getting older everyday!
But I'm dragging everybody along with me. :wink:

This could be why he was picked up

Drew Edwards?Verified account @scratchingpost 2h2 hours ago
No Abdul Kanneh or Emanuel Davis at practice for #Ticats today meaning the secondary is missing two projected starters. #CFL

8) Were all getting to that old age stage Grover !! LOL :lol:
    Aaron Berry excelled with the Argos last year, I wonder why he got released to become a free agent ??

I do know he had a rather checkered past during his tenure in the  NFL.  Lets hope he has got his life in order now !!

So much for yoga

He's a decent player, but let's not get carried away. He didn't excel last season. He was adequate, in a secondary that was terrible. He was released because the Argos concluded that they had six or seven INT DBs who are better than him.

Fair comment, pw13.

I welcome him and wish him well.

But the big weakness with the Ticats last year was at DB, and with the injury to Kanneh it make sense to bring an experienced DB.

And three of them are former Ticats - Murray, Sears and C. Vaughn :o :expressionless:

Sears will probably be on the IL by game #3 or #4 and Murray won't be too far behind him . The two of them combined missed a total of 43 gms over the last two seasons in Hamilton . Murray being on IL for 15 gms and Sears basically lived on the Injury List missing a whopping 28 gms during his tenure as a Ti-Cat .

A Berry Happy Birthday to Aaron.
He’s 29 today and will celebrate, in good TiCat company, with the boss man who’s 25 years his senior, to the day.
Many happy returns (from Speedy) guys.