Ticket sales for game in Quebec City. Very poor

And that’s the same thing that people said about the Buffalo Bills in Toronto.

With the Bills, it was heavily promoted by Rogers. Sounds like the QC game is not getting nearly the same press if it was I think they would be getting a much better turnout as they have done in the past.

That’s what it sounds like, no promotion at all. But only 2,000 sold? them 2,000 tickets sold could be Als fans that have driven up form Montreal. There may only be a dozen fans from Quebec City… :roll:
Maybe they will give a way tickets just to have people in the stands.

I think no matter how this is spun its not good.

If only 25k or 30k show up for the Bills in Toronto and that was the death knell for the NFL in Toronto (for now) then only 2k or whatever showing up in Quebec City takes them out of any discussion.

Too bad, would really love a 10th team and 5 games a week, more variety with teams and players, etc.

Thanks again. It seems that the lateness in getting this game has affected the promotion of the game. Just the sheer number of Laval and other Q conference and QC and Quebec area players on both rosters. Several of whom are young and likely be seeing time in a pre season game to earn a roster spot. Should be of interest to football fans in and near QC and Laval U.

Heard sales are now over 5,000

What capacity are they using in Peps for this one? I understand the regular is over 12k but can be expanded to 19.5K

The pre season game vs the Riders was planned well over a year ago. the 5 K regular seats sold out as soon as they went on sale and they have been adding temp seats as more tickets are being sold.
I can only guess that after the pre season game is played that more and more tickets will start to go quickly. Being that it is a regular season game.
Again the late announcement of the Toronto game likely reason for slower sales for now.

Well from monday to today thats 2K to over 5K once it began to be advertised and season ticket holders were called.

A sizeable number of workers in Fort Mac come from Sask, so that will likely push ticket sales. I would guess that “workers from Toronto” constitute a much smaller number.

That is completely untrue... Hardly anyone from sask needs to leave the province for work anymore.. Same thing can't be said about Onterrible. Sask is a have province.. Ontario is have not

That is completely untrue... Hardly anyone from sask needs to leave the province for work anymore.. Same thing can't be said about Onterrible. Sask is a have province.. Ontario is have not

Actually Quebec is one step ahead of Atlantic bust . Like I said before, take it to any area that actually wants and will support CFL football. So that eliminates those two cities again and again like all years passed.

Anyone got the number sold by Sat

Attendance : 4772

So far all the preseason games have been poorly attended... Fort Mac might have the biggest crowd so far.

Sorry to go off topic but people love to throw around the terms “have” and “have-not” provinces around as if it is some concrete indication of economic performance. Its used incessantly in the media to chastise certain governments or criticize policies. Moreover, people use the terms to criticize individuals heralding from one part of the country or another.

Before reading headlines and regurgitating them, a quick trip to the Google machine for perspective:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_payments_in_Canada#Sources_of_fiscal_capacity

The terms come from the net contributors and recipients of the federal equalization program. The program exists such that provinces are able to provide a similar standard of public service the country over. People gawk that Ontario in recent years has become a net recipient of the program to the tune of $3.2 billion dollars per year. This is less an indication of Ontario’s “poor” economy and more an indication of the staggering performance of our resource rich provinces (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland & Labrador). The 6 other provinces are net recipients:

2013-2014 Figures:
Quebec ($7.833 billion)
Ontario ($3.169 billion)
Manitoba ($1.792 billion)
New Brunswick ($1.513 billion)
Nova Scotia ($1.458 billion)
Prince Edward Island ($340 million)

At first glance, you might think that Ontario is mightily hurting… but as is always amiss in the public perception of the country is demographics. Break those figures down per capita and you see the real story:

Quebec ($934)
Ontario ($246)
Manitoba ($1353)
New Brunswick ($1985)
Nova Scotia ($1342)
Prince Edward Island ($2350)

The fact of the matter is that Ontario has been a net contributor to the federal equalization program or its predecessors for decades and recently enough stood $248 per head away from doing so again despite not sitting on the jackpot of the geological lottery as the current net contributing provinces have. Ontario has the highest per capita GDP in the non-fossil fuel provinces and probably Canada’s most diverse economy.

So if let’s lay off the “Onterrible” and the throwing about the “have” and “have-not” jargon… I personally know very few Southern Ontarians who have headed west because of an economic apocalypse in Ontario. Having lived in New Brunswick, I can tell you I’ve seen several chartered flightscarrying swaths of labourers many times per week from the Maritimes to Western Canada. I’m sure that despite strong economic performance in Saskatchewan that geographic proximity makes for many Saskatchewan labourers in Alberta and vice versa as well.

So take that, ANYONE who posts a comment about

a) football not working in Ottawa
b) Move them or put a team in Quebec City

notice how the author of this article from the LeSoleil QC newspaper repeatedly harps that last nights CFL matchup attracted less than half of a Laval Rouge et Or preseason game.

yet ironically he fails to mention the lack of promotion and exorbitant ticket prices by the same Rouge et Or organizer…

[b](Quebec) The preseason CFL game attracted 4778 spectators at PEPS Stadium on Saturday. This is less than half of a preseason game ... academic. The former Rouge et Or Boris Bede still looks good in a 26-9 winning Montreal Alouettes on the Red and Black Ottawa.

The organization of the Rouge et Or "hoped to have more people than that. Of course we are disappointed, "admitted the Director of sports at Université Laval. “But we’re happy for those who were there, they attended a good match,” added Christian Gagnon.

This first visit of the CFL in Quebec in 12 years is the smallest crowd for football at Laval University since long, long time. The preseason game between the Rouge et Or and Dinos at the University of Calgary in August, had gathered 10,210 fans. Lower support in seven local programs last year. In 2003 the exhibition game Renegades-Alouettes in the Quebec capital had mobilized more than 10,000 curious.

"Is the interest is there? I do not know, he says. But we are happy that the old players Rouge et Or have been able to live here and that young people were able to see football in the CFL. And the important thing is that we make our expense. That does not prevent me from sleeping. "[/b]

[url=http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/sports/football/201506/14/01-4877893-un-gain-des-alouettes-devant-des-estrades-degarnies.php]http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/sports ... arnies.php[/url]

Did anyone notice that Montreal had several players wearing the same number last night?

3 guys were wearing #12

QB Rakeem Cato
WR Dobson Collins
DB Geoff Tisdale

2 Guys were wearing #7

DL John Bowman
QB Brandon Bridge

I'm certain there were a few others as well....Is that allowed even in pre-season? Not to mention I'm sure Montreal has enough numbers kicking around that they can assign everyone and individual number..