Ticats Were Doing Good Up Until Damon Got Honoured.

After the game was stopped to honour Damon Allen, the wheels completely fell off for the ticats.

The team was still in it, right up until the 4th quarter.

I am not going to apologize or make excuses for the team, but they did have some decent offensive drives.

There is still reason to be optimistic about the future.

Honouring Allan was the right thing to do, but while that was going on I was watching the defence and thinking that things might go poorly after that.

The defense had played well to that point, and the offense was much better than in recent weeks. The Argos were moving the ball better after the 3rd and 2 gamble, but the TD that put Damon over the top was the first real bad defensive breakdown. Then the defence had to stand on the field for ten minutes licking their wounds and waiting for the extra point to be kicked.

The Argos were bound to get fired up after the ceremony and, as we've seen all year, once the Cats start doubting themselves, the rout is on.

A ceremony of this type doesn't happen very often, and players at this level shouldn't let it affect them, but maybe it would have been better to let the play go on and honour him at the half or at the end of the game.

Pssssst.......it's me.... back here...hiding in the bushes..

Our O-line, RBs, D-line, LBs DBs Special Teams

played almost 3 Quarters of good football...

in terms of moving the ball..gaining yards

and held the Argos back from doing the same

...or am I mistaken?

It was 12-6 at the end of the third.

The game was still up for grabs.

The Argos rolled for 28 points in the 4th quarter.

Tried Team on the Oline and Defence another bad loss at home

They should have done the ceremony after the game or between halfs. They should not have stopped the game in my opinion.

By the way, as an Argo fan wearing a #9 jersey last night, I was very impressed by the warm reception given by the fans on the event of Allen getting the record.

Not suprised at the reaction… just impressed. :slight_smile:

Agreed.

Especially when you consider that same two teams play next week in Toronto when Warren Moon will be there to honour Damon Allen.

Folks, the old Cats defences whould have just gotten ****ed off at the fact that #9 broke it against us, and made him eat turf the rest of the game.

Remember a couple of years ago when, in Toronto, during a Ticat-Argo game when D-Mac eached the 50,000 yards mark? They stopped in the middle of the game to honour D-Mac. We had no problem with the game being stopped then? So why should we complain now when Damon Allen broke a record that will probably never be broken... well, maybe by Payton Manning in 10 years...

I hated it then, I hate it now. Cerimonies have no place DURING the game no matter what the acclomlishment or sport

I personally think it was the only appropriate thing to do and I was VERY proud to see so many ti-cat fans show that they are also CFL fans and honour Damon Allen the way he deserved to be honoured. Damon is a class guy and absolutely deserved to have such an incredible accomplishment recognized.

Our players are professionals, and should be able to handle a delay in a game, for whatever reason it happens.

I sat on my hands. Next week if I was planning to attend I'd give him a standing O

I think honouring Damon was right, but they went past the point of that. the guy had a 5 minute interview in the middle of the game. I'm proud of the guy, but seriously, we came to watch a game, right?

and I'd like to be optimistic. I'm pretty sure I'll still find myself sitting in ivor wynne, even when we're being hammered. but these are definatly the darkest days we've had in a while.. the only positive I can manage is that this couldn't get worse unless we had no QB altogether, or all the cats collapsed on the field.

I think honouring Damon was right, but they went past the point of that. the guy had a 5 minute interview in the middle of the game. I'm proud of the guy, but seriously, we came to watch a game, right?

and I'd like to be optimistic. I'm pretty sure I'll still find myself sitting in ivor wynne, even when we're being hammered. but these are definatly the darkest days we've had in a while.. the only positive I can manage is that this couldn't get worse unless we had no QB altogether, or all the cats collapsed on the field.

While I certainly support a boisterous public congratulatory audio announcement and standing ovation by the fans in attendance to recognize Damons outstanding accomplishment, the extended delay insisted by the league resulted in no more than another sub par perfomance of self promotion.

Hopefully the Argonaut organization will get it right later this week, while the league works on a more prolonged public campaign recognizing Damon and his feat in the CFL.

Stopping the game for 10 minutes was the right thing to do. This was a huge career and league milestone. However, I don't think it affected the outcome of the game one bit. At no time during the game did I feel the Cats were going to win, despite the close score going well into the 3rd quarter. Almost from the opening kickoff, I felt that it was just a matter of time before the Argos pulled away from the Cats. Maas was having yet another terrible game, misfiring all too frequently to get any sustained offense going.

I was very impressed by the Cat fans' acknowledgement of Allen's record. Not surprised though. Cat fans may hate us but they know and appreciate excellence. They just haven't seen much of it from guys wearing black/gold uniforms or white helmets lately.

An Argo fan

THere should have been an announcement over the speakers from that knob up in the booth, and then left it at that.

maybe have Allen take a bow, or come out and wave for a second or something, but NOTHING MORE.

The real celebration should have been saved for the home fans in Toronto NEXT WEEK!

Amen. Save the presentation for a more appropriate time. If it happened to be at a Ticat game I would be cool with that but not DURING the game.

You mean the whupping we took all happened in one quarter of football. You’re right, of course, but dang…