Ticats vs. Eskimos Game- The View From Edmonton

Here is an article in today's edition of The Edmonton Sun about last night's game.

[url=http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Eskimos/2007/08/12/4411796-sun.html]http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Eskim ... 6-sun.html[/url]

"In a cagey play by Morgan, he clearly had one of Bauman's hands trapped so he couldn't reach up with both hands to catch the ball. "

That's by far my favourite part. Let's admit that we cheated and give credit to the guy who got away with one. Nice. At least they didn't try to claim he didn't contact Bowman.

Cagey...

lol well morgan was getting beat all night. and if i was morgan id probably do the same thing.
it should have been called but props to morgan for the effort. afterall if he lets him catch it its a whole new ballgame

And renewed life for our season.

pretty bad when the Edmonton Sun spotted and calls it pass interference…you think they would leave that one alone…

And yet some of us who are native to Etown and part of the Empire saw it for what it was - a blatant interference call. It was a missed call that could have changed the game.

....I'm sorry but did I miss something? (Admitidly I did miss watching the game to to a family function)however, the 2 touchdowns that were scored by Edmonton were clean and the receivers were WIDE open.....this is what should be critized more. You can not hang you "game changing call" on 1 play in any sport. Comments like that show how little is understood so lets stop making excuses all the time in here.

:cowboy:

you give qb's like ray and calvillo a no pressure zone defence like we did they're going to eventually pick you apart when it counts.

That’s because some of you are intelligent, logical, honest fans. :wink:

Sorry Catattack, but I don’t think being honest about the fact that a call hurt our chances to mount a comeback shows a lack of understanding. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if we want to win games we should not be in a situation where we’re playing catch up on the last play of the game. It should not come down to that, but sometimes it does and the refs CLEARLY blew it on that call. I’m not saying it would guarantee us a win, but it would have at least given us a shot at another play (which we deserved based on the fact that he interfered with Bauman). It’s as simple as that. It shouldn’t be a matter of a “rookie” not getting that type of call on a veteran like Morgan. That’s BS.

Well said!