ticats use of american / canadian ratio

It seems counter productive to me to use an american at kicker and offensive guard and fullback when you coudl be suing an extra american at defensive back oputting kariakri at safety and using an extra american on the D-line and reciever..no teams use americans like we are and for good reason ...my giess is the will smarten up but that might take till mid season ...when chang is starting...

nice to see guardner i there this week as well as lauscher....

i think toronto will take 20 to 6 lead into half time and the cats will start chang in the 2knd half ..change will get 20 points in the 2knd half to the argos 13 and the final score will be

argos 33 ticats 26

Well the use of Lumsden cancels out the need for a Canadian kicker. An American is playing Guard because two Canadians Hudson and Cheron are injuried.

1. I agree we should be using one more import at defensive back.

2. I'm also not sold on using an import spot for Dickerson.

However,

1. I think we're only using 3 import O-linemen until Dyakowski gets up to speed and we get a couple of our Canadian linemen back.

2. We don't have import defensive linemen that are good enough to beat out our Canadians at that position. I think we have pretty good Canadian depth there, most of it is just very young.

3. You go find an Canadian kicker.

I guess no one else noticed, but the Ticats only dressed 21 imports (1 short of the maximum 22) for the first game in Calgary. I believe it is imperative that the team dress the maximum number of imports at all times. I don't care who starts where, but at least use the ratio to your advantage.

What if the non-imports are better, oh mighty one? lol

Sig...are you telling me any American in the line-up is not better than Wayne Shaw?? Just mentioned Shaw because I know how much you like him.

Micheal roberts actually filled in nicely at corner last game when anderson went down.

For sure.
A Canadian RB gives a team more freedom than usual.

O'Mahony is available if you want a Canadian punter - don't know about a kicker though.

canadian basket case as well... but we'll leave that out of it...

re -mp-I guess no one else noticed, but the Ticats only dressed 21 imports (1 short of the maximum 22) for the first game in Calgary. I believe it is imperative that the team dress the maximum number of imports at all times. I don't care who starts where, but at least use the ratio to your advantage.
------- are you saying that Any import is better than a nonimport, ? No bias here i see, but IMHo Coach T is Playing his best players, regardless of ratio,his receiver core is also stocked with Nonimports, wich makes room for a import somewhere else, or not -- why play any imports if the nonimports are just as good or better. ? if there was a better nonimport kicker out there id bet he would be on the roster, But Setta can mach prefontain and thats what was ticats weakness re field positiion-cheers

leaving an extra import at the start of season open, also helps the fine tuning and see what kind of non import depth we do have.
then we can implement the extra import spot where need be and or if injury occurs.

They have an import/non-import ratio in place for a reason. If there were no ratio to contend with, this league would be mostly full of Americans with the odd Canadian player here and there.Agreed? All that I am saying is to take advantage of what is being offered to you, like every other team in the league is doing.

re- mp-this league would be mostly full of Americans with the odd Canadian player --------- True the highest payed player would be around 50,000, --- so the ratio protects the high Caliber of play.--and the attendance would be around 10,000 a game, -- You obviously didn't learn from the near demise of the cfl in the 80,s and 90,s-- Intelagent fans dont buy into nfl cuts and other wannabees. -- The more Canadians in the CFL the better for the health of Canadian Football.cheers :cowboy:

It's getting better for you Massdestruction. Last night the Ticats dressed 22 non-imports and 20 imports (2 short of the maximum). Great to see we're going backwards, not forwards, in regards to the ratio.