Ticats TV Commercial #2

The second commercial "In Your Own Backyard" Ticats TV commercial has now been posted on Ticats.ca. Click here to watch it now....

"If you build it, they will come" ?

Really?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not impressed with these commercials at all. I can't see how these commercials will make anyone come out to buy tickets for football..

But, like I said, maybe it's just me.

I'd rather see and hear the players, the stars. I mean we've got the CFL's defensive player of the year. Why aren't we promoting him?

Or Kevin Glenn's career year of over 5,000 passing yards, or the acquisition of Avon Cobourne, or the thrilling and exciting play and personality of AB3, hometown star Dave "sticky" Stala?

i don't get it.

(scratches head, shrug) Oh well

I actually thought it was cute.

The funniest thing was the "making of" video with Yannick Carter (that guy is hilarious).

I've always thought it would be a good idea to copy those "Dos Equis" (spelling?) commercials. We could use Peter Dyakowski and call him the most interesting football player in the world, or something to that extent.

OK that is a great idea!! He would be so good at that.

hahaha BOB STOP THEM! BOB STOP THEM!!! nice.

I agree!

THAT would be funny!

I Agree with Kirk But It was better then the 1st Ad.

Nice job. One quick shot of Pigskin Pete's bowler hat peaking over the fence would have been cool.

The underlying message is a professional football team plays right in your backyard, Hamiltonians.

We’re going to be hearing this exact phrase from opposing QB’s all year long :wink: :thup:

I think every Hamiltonian already knows that.

Where’s the hook?

What’s the sell?

Why come to the games?

Why should someone buy a ticket?

Where’s the exciting product?

I don’t think there is any compelling motivation in those commercials, to become a fan.

Like i said, everyone already knows that the Ti-Cats exist, and where they play.

Yeah, it’s cute. Yeah, I get the message. What I don’t get is how they’re selling the product.

Give them a reason to become a fan. Just cuz they’re in our backyard is not a reason, as far as i’m concerned.

Well, you can always use the threat concept like Bettman basically threw at Winnipeg this week. Support or else. :?

I liked it.
Its not for the hardcore fan who posts on here its reminding people who are casual fans that its football season and the cats are right in your backyard.

Write your own script then, Kirk, maybe set it in the West Harbour.

Took me two hours to get to Toronto Wed night for a concert for a group that will never probably come to Hamilton, pure pain in the you know where on the QEW. This is why I really want the Cats to survive well, you don't have to travel far at all if you live here to see great Canadian football, it really is a treat for football fans in this city to have the Cats right in their backyard for sure. :thup:

Kirk, they’re trying get the point across that this is YOUR team, YOUR hometown boys, because alot of people still think the team is either a)playing in a minor league or b)still a garbage team thus they don’t wanna come to games.I know quite a few friends that think the CFL is utter stupidity and bush league and laugh at me and my other friends for having jerseys, season tickets, etc.People don’t understand that this isn’t some snob a$$ NFL team where the players wouldn’t give you a second glance, this is the CFL.Here, players chat with you on the street, sign autographs no problem, this is a league where a player is also your neighbour.This is a league where we all become one at games, and witness edge of your seat games first hand and at a ridiculously fair price nonetheless.People need to stop the “meh, i’ll just watch them on tv if anything” mentality and gain the crazy Rider fan mentality that there’s no way in hell i’m not watching them play live, you’ll have to kill me to keep me away.Get out and spread the word, let’s sell out some games this year.

Well said 15! :thup: Although sad in some respects you have people like this in Hamilton who probably don't respect what the CFL is, Grey Cup is or the significance of history and how things are they way they are for what reasons etc. I feel quite superior to these sorts that you speak of most of which I glady don't want as friends shall I say. I laugh at them and actually feel sorry for them more than anything.

Hamilton and any other city with a CFL team has one heck of a great thing going, really. I think the 100th Grey Cup should make some people "get it" and know what 100 actually means.

Sorry, i don’t follow. I think I’m missing your point.

How do these commercials address your point a) that this team is not playing in a minor league? i don’t see it.

How do these commercials address your point b) that this team is not a garbage team? i don’t see it.

My suggested approach would have addressed both of your points. Show the excelence, the excitement and the success.

I know quite a few friends that think the CFL is utter stupidity and bush league and laugh at me and my other friends for having jerseys, season tickets, etc.People don't understand that this isn't some snob a$$ NFL team where the players wouldn't give you a second glance, this is the CFL.Here, players chat with you on the street, sign autographs no problem, this is a league where a player is also your neighbour.[b]This is a league where we all become one at games, and witness edge of your seat games first hand and at a ridiculously fair price nonetheless[/b].People need to stop the "meh, i'll just watch them on tv if anything" mentality and gain the crazy Rider fan mentality that there's no way in hell i'm not watching them play live, you'll have to kill me to keep me away.Get out and spread the word, let's sell out some games this year.
:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: Love it, [b]15_championships[/b] ! Wished they promoted everything you just said by using the very same players you are talking about!

There are countless Ti-Cat TV videos that do a much better job of selling the players, and their accessible and down to earth qualities by using the actual personalities you are describing.

Agreed completely, and what better way to address all of that than to show the accomplished stars excelling? How many casual fans know that the Tiger-Cats have the defensive player of the year? How many know the name of Markeith Knowlton ? How many have seen what he can do and what he’s accomplished?

Arland Bruce, arguably the best and most exciting receiver in the league.

Kevin Glenn, 11 year veteran, career year, 5,000+ yards passing, striving to win the big one and be recognized along the all time greats.

Best linebacking corps in the league.

Steveie Baggs…

Dave Stala…

Might that not convince some football fans to come out and buy tickets?

Build it and they will come”?

How about a they do a 30 Min Infomercial with the best Players
They talk about what like to play in Hamilton
How close you to players and Field
Show how easy it is to buy tickets..
They could buy air time on CHCH