Ticats Transactions - Sun Aug 3

According to CHCH Sports,

CUT: Jason French, Tyson Craiggs
SIGNED: Earnest Jackson, Chad Rempel

Notes:
Tony Miles was practicing at todays practice.
Jesse Lumsden's x-ray was negative. He dressed today but did not practice and is day to day.
Casey Printers also practiced today, but Richie Williams received most of the reps.

It ws WR Chad Rempel (who we had in training camp a couple of years ago)that was signed, not Jordan, who is already on the roster.

Thanks Pope, i couldn't really remember who it was but i knew it ended in Rempel.

E-Jack! :lol:

any stats on this Rempel guy?

Chad caught a nice long TD pass for Ticats vs. Argos in pre-season when he was here. I was surprised he got cut that year.

Chad Rempel
HT:6.02
WT:214
Non-import
More info: http://www.argonauts.ca/index.php/roster/show/id/382

When Rempel was with the Argos in 2006-07, he was primarily a special teams player and backup at WR. He is not going to make a difference to the fortunes of the Cats.

An Argo-Cat fan

I really don't understand this team. Here they cut French, one of the more consistent guys on last years crappy team, then this year, hardly play him, and then cut him, then put him back on practise roster, and now cut him again. No wonder this team is a big joke.....

I really don't understand this team. Here they cut French, one of the more consistent guys on last years crappy team, then this year, hardly play him, and then cut him, then put him back on practise roster, and now cut him again. No wonder this team is a big joke.....
There must be alot going on behind the scenes, these guys must be getting cut due to more than just poor gametime performance.
There must be alot going on behind the scenes, these guys must be getting cut due to more than just poor gametime performance.

French is a good Canadian player and a good person.

It’s not about his performance on or off the field, sudbury_fan.

Maybe Chad isn’t going to even get much work at receiver.

He may be here to strengthen our Special teams.

Maybe Obie and Charlie think that

our other Canadian receivers
have more big play potential.

Maybe Sam Giguere will soon be here…etc.

any player has to be released to be placed on the practise roster after they clear waivers

According to What Been I have been told French is gone
I'd be very Shocked if he back on the Practice roster

First Kania and now Rempel????????? Why is this team signing players who tried out for the Ticats in the past but couldn't make the roster then? I thought this team was run by Obie, a guy who was supposed to find us better talent????????????

Adam came within a hair of making
this year's team at Training Camp.

A place came available for a NI D-lineman.

Chad was a rookie in 2005 when he tried out.

He has likely developed his skills since.

At practice I thought he was Sam Guigere

He sure has packed on the muscle.

Do you see any logic to my musings, tsa?

Just a thought maybe Jason french has concusion symptoms still after that kenny wheaten hit in toronto . this could make him unable to perform for quite a while thus all the activity on the roster or off the roster because it is not a gamble to do this because nobody wants damaged goods

No.

If Kania was that close to making the Ticats this year, why was he not put on the practice roster after final cuts? At best, this guy is a warm body who is joining the team just because we have absolutely zero talent on the D-Line. It is a desperation move. We are grasping at straws, IMO.

Rempel has played for several teams in the league since we cut him, and has not done anything, including on special teams.

These additions are lateral moves at best. So was the signing of O'Neil Wilson. They will not make us better. Are we going to re-sign Ryan Donnelly and Fabio Felice next to "shore up the O-Line?" Give me a break!

Obie, what are you thinking? If this team's talent doesn't significantly improve after NFL cuts, I would certainly turf you, if I was Bob Young.

I think its all really just money dumping since our season is over already!

I wouldn't use the fact that he was cut from the team in previous years as an indication of his talent. We have cut a of players who have turned out to be a lot better players than we have now. Peterson and Flick are two who come to mind...

"Obie, what are you thinking? If this team's talent doesn't significantly improve after NFL cuts, I would certainly turf you, if I was Bob Young.
[/quote]

:roll: and who would you replace him with..?

I have faith in Obie..he will make the difference :thup: