NIP LB Jonathan Hood
NIP WR Glenn MacKay
IMP DB Martin Manson
NIP OL Matt Morencie
IMP DL Albert Smith
IMP OL Matt Spanos
NIP DL Eddie Steele
IMP DL Jason Vega

(Note: The practice roster will be announced on Friday)

The following players have been placed on the one-game injured list:

NIP LB Agustin Barrenechea
IMP QB Jason Boltus
NIP WR Adam Nicolson

The following players have been placed on the nine-game injured list:

IMP LB James Hargrave
IMP OL Jason Jimenez

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-transactions-june-24-pm]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-tra ... june-24-pm[/url]

didn't they just waste a draft pick then cause isn't Eddie Steele a Draft Pick and I thought they licked Fish?

If I don't see Fish, Manson and McKay on that practice roster on Friday I will be some ticked off.

Hello, Bauman.

Nicolson over McKay, interesting. Too bad about Steele.

Wow, I thought Manson was a lock after Sunday

Me too!! Dammit! First time we've had a good return in years lol

He could be on The Pratice Roster
it comes out Tomorow

Clearly they are keen on Summers as the returner, at least for the time being.

And Jimenez’s injury is worse than originally thought. That explains the Ramsay trade. Too bad about that, Jimenez was awesome.

red24

Too bad about Manson but thre is more flexibility with Summers. He can be the return man whilst being the reserve RB too.

Summers is the return man. I guess with Reggie its catch and release, twice OBIE what are you doing.

I take it they believe Summers can do all the returning.

Nine DBs?

Schmidt beat Fournier, Husband beat Morencie, Bauman survived.

We seem slim on the DLine.

Mean the Earliest he could be back is Labour day vs Toronto

My Picks For 7 man Practice Roster are :
IMP WR Reggie Fish
NIP FB Samuel Fournier
NIP WR Glenn MacKay
NIP OL Matt Morencie
IMP OL Matt Spanos
NIP DL Eddie Steele
IMP DB Martin Manson

Rules for the Practice Roster are as Follows:
[b]Practice Roster: Each club may have a practice roster consisting of a maximum of seven 7 players in accordance with the following terms and conditions:

* At least 1 place on the practice roster shall be filled by a non-import player (other than a non-import player who was a candidate in the current year CFL Canadian Draft, who is not the property of another CFL club);
* If 7 places are used by a member club on it’s practice roster, at least 1 place on the practice roster shall also be filled by a non-import player who was a candidate in the current year CFL Canadian Draft, who is not the property of another CFL club.;
* During 30 days during the season which coincide with the National Football League cut-down of roster period, each CFL club may increase it’s practice roster up to a maximum of twelve 12 players[/b]

Does anyone know if any of the Canadian draft picks that were cut are still elligible for University ball?

I don't any have any elligible for University left

We could Jason back before the end of the 9 Game
I just did some checking here what I found

CFL teams can activate only one player prematurely from the nine-game injury list during the first half of the season

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpo...cba26854a4&p=1

It comes a year too late for the Roughriders, but the CFL has made a change to the rules surrounding its nine-game injury list. CFL teams will this year be allowed to activate two players from the list before they have missed nine games. Teams can use the exemption once in the first half of the season and once in the second half of the season. Any player activated early will have his entire salary count against a team’s $4.2 million salary cap.

"It’s something we lobbied for,’’ Tillman said. "Put it this way: It’s a step in the right direction.’’

Last season the Roughriders likely would have used their exemptions for high-priced veterans Eddie Davis and Matt Dominguez. Davis, a defensive back, recovered quickly from a dislocated shoulder and could have been activated three games

Both Steele and likely Fournier have CIS eligibility remaining. It's pretty likely they'll be sent back to school and invited to return next year rather than stashed on the PR. Steele may stay due to the spot for this year's draftees.

I agree that Morencie and Spanos are very likely to be on the PR. Manson makes a lot of sense as well. I also think that one of Hood or Hamilton may end up there. Beyond that, no idea.

I think it’s a case of what else can he do besides return, he will be Cobb’s backup. Manson can’t really do a whole lot other than return.

No surprise there, Schmidt can flat out block.

Going back to school, they’d have to agree to being “suspended” for the Cats to retain their rights for next season. Remember the Mike Giffen case.

Today's moves get the roster down to 47 (still 1 over), which I expect is allowed for a few days at most, with Ramsay probably being considered "in transit." Somebody's going to get injured at practice soon.

My prediction is that Fish, Mackay, Fournier and Steele will be on the practice roster come tomorrow, Fish I can almost garentee! :rockin: