Ticats Training Camp Discussion

He was pretty automatic from 32 yds.

Maybe he’s gonna kick PATs given legghios struggles :rofl:

3 Likes

based off todays cutts used from troys depth chart post

2 Likes

With McGriff out or action, for who knows how long, perhaps Cats should re-sign Godwin before someone else (Ottawa) picks him up. Unless the team sees other potential starters at receiver and figures no need for Godwin.

5 Likes

But thats measured language that could be used for any number of recs. It doesnt suggest anything extraordinary. Coach M wanted tall recs and he got a tall rec in McGriff. Again, what else is there ?
Nothing against McGriff. I just want to know .

1 Like

Anyone know who “rich money time” is, posted on ticats Facebook in a #23 jersey.

1 Like

Richard leonard

2 Likes

Ah thought it might be a new signing.

1 Like

No, not any number. The coach’s “measured language” was used for just two recs. McGriff was one of the two.

2 Likes

of them got in Trouble got in trouble with maranovich. When they were working on punt drills kicking the ball into a defensive back drill instead of to a returner. Coach seems to have a bit of a bite to him something we’ve been missing

2 Likes

I’ll bite. From one practice and one home exhibition game against the Argos last year, this is my superficial fan opinion:

Pros
Seems to consistently get open- was targeted a number of times when on the field and had a few receptions in about one half of football.

Seems able to make defensive backs miss once he has the ball and get yards after the catch.

Cons
Dropped some balls in practice and in game.

Did not really contest a deep ball that wound up being intercepted by an Argo db. Was slightly overthrown but thought with his size he would fight harder in a situation like that.

The coaching and football ops staff has watched him closer than any of us, and could have easily moved on after the fluke leg injury last year. Obviously there’s something they see there. He wouldn’t be the first talented receiver who has the dropsies - they probably think the potential is worth any growing pains and added coaching to help make him a more rounded player.

4 Likes

This is one scouting report on McGriff from his Utah days.

3 Likes

I love Steve Milton his insight and tidbits are just fascinating

5 Likes

The thing about those scouting reports is there based on NFL standards. Four downs smaller field etc etc etc

I don’t think it applies to the CFL game at all

2 Likes

You didnt need to bite. It wasnt bait. It was an honest question. Here’s another one . Where, when were those observations ?

Just offering an opinion as the only people who can truly give an answer are Hervey and and Milanovich. And unless that exact question is posed by Steve Milton or someone else in the local media we won’t get much insight. As I said, I only saw McGriff in 2023 - one practice and last year’s home exhibition game.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

Or kickoffs

5 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe the guy that has been unlucky with injuries the past 2 camps should swap out #13 for a different number.

5 Likes
2 Likes