TiCats trade Tajh Boyd rights to WPG

Conditional pick, hope it's a third or better! 8)
We got a 3rd for Brian Brohm from WPG, Boyd could be an even better return. :thup:

[b]JUSTIN DUNK SEPTEMBER 14, 2015, 6:36 PM
Quarterback Tajh Boyd has been traded from Hamilton to Winnipeg for a conditional draft pick, per CFL sources.

Boyd was on the Ticats’ negotiation list and he’s agreed to terms with the Bombers.

The 24-year-old dual-threat pivot was selected by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft, but was released on Aug. 30, 2014. Boyd then signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in March 2015, although he was let go in training camp by the team this year.

Boyd was a three-year starter at quarterback for Clemson from 2011-2013. When Boyd’s NCAA playing days were done, he had established school and ACC conference career records with 11,904 passing yards and 107 touchdowns.

In 2012, he was named the ACC Player of the Year and earned first-team All-American honours at quarterback. To cap his senior season in 2013, Boyd led the Tigers to a 40-35 victory in the Orange Bowl over Ohio State. He was named MVP of the game and set an Orange Bowl record for total yards with 505 (378 passing and 127 rushing) to go along with six total touchdowns in the win.

In Winnipeg, Boyd enters a quarterback situation that has seen the Bombers start four different signal callers so far in 2015. Drew Willy (knee) and Robert Marve (leg) are on the six-game injured list and Brian Brohm was ineffective, so recently acquired Matt Nichols started and won his Bombers debut last week in the Banjo Bowl, after coming over from Edmonton in a trade on Sept. 2.[/b]

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/quarterback-tajh-boyd-traded-from-ticats-to-bombers/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/qu ... o-bombers/[/url]

I thought that he had already signed with the Riders ? Did I miss something here ?

I think the Riders were in on it until the Coach and GM got shat canned! :smiley:

Ahhh I see :wink: So I guess it’s off to the Peg so he can start putting up those gaudy Warren Moon like numbers for those Bombers. Well all I can say is good luck to the young man.

Hope you enjoy -50 and mosquitoes Boyd. Hahaha.

WPG were qb's go to get career ending injuries!

Kirk Penton ?@PentonKirk 7h7 hours ago
#Bombers and #Ticats will swap between 4th and 6th round picks in 2017 depending on how many games Tajh Boyd is on active roster.

That didn't take long! :roll:

Andrew Bucholtz ?@AndrewBucholtz 9m9 minutes ago
Former Clemson QB the latest big name to not work out in #CFL. "@PentonKirk: #Bombers have released QB Tajh Boyd from the practice roster."

Arash Madani ?@ArashMadani 12m12 minutes ago
After ALL of that hype, the Blue Bombers have released former Clemson QB Tajh Boyd from their #CFL practice roster.

Is it too late to bring him here for a look-see? I'm sure he could be a better choice than Masoli for 4th- or 5th-string, and a good development option...