Ticats trade for Justin Medlock

I dont think Montreal and Hamilton have traded since Obilovich tried to fleece Jim Popp prior to the 2008 draft when Tillman tried to acquire the pick to select Barker. In fact I think both teams have been jabbing each other in the liver :slight_smile:

True :smiley:
But Calgary and Edmonton shocked the world a while back by for the first time in NHL history, they completed a trade between each other that saw Hamilton native Steve Staios go to Calgary.Weirder things have happened and this trade makes perfect sense :rockin:

Why should any team trade for DeAngelis when they know that Hamilton will,eventually, have to release him.

The Als won't trade for him; if/when released by Hamilton they may, and I say may, give him a chance.

Richard

Doubt it, as Drew said to make it even remotely plausible we’d need a N/I punter to accompany him.And if Sandro’s released, how sure would you be that there would only be one taker?If there’s a bidding war there’s no chance in hell you’re getting him cheap like if you were to trade for his current contract.

Obviously this makes Wilbur expendible and puts DeAngelis on thin ice.

At first glance the question of who "wins" the trade - the answer is HAM.
Medlock is a great kicker and punter and certainly better than SD in 2010 and hopefully K/P duties wont have to be split.

Obie/MB weren't content going into 2011 with fingers crossed with the kcking - they went out and got insurance.

Another reason I believe the writings on the wall for Sandro.The time for fun and games is over.Double or nothing and Obie and MB are in.I’m sure there will be zero question marks by the time TC rolls around.

Not to say SD is washed up by any means but from the team's perspective if you're not sure what SD has left in the tank you can't refuse an opportunity to land for more or less a proven commodity like Medlock.

Justin Medlock for field goal kicking, this is great news.

8)

However, Sandro was a “proven” commodity last year… wasn’t he.

Somethings gotta give, Marcel insists that Sandro will be in camp, we also have Aaron Ifield on our neg list and of course we still have Wilbur.There's no way we're going into camp with 4 kickers.

Will be at camp doesn't mean much. Like saying he'll be with us till its time to start paying him. Anyway one of these guys will get repackaged or released at the end of camp if no trade can be made.

The guy who goes will be the guy who can't punt or on a team that cant find a good CDN punter. Right now the guy who goes is DeAngelis.

That TillMan is smart and slippery I think he'll sign Sandro to a extended contract and Sandro will return to his old form and he will laugh at us. :oops: :oops:

Why would you say that, wait till camp and see who brings it, and who dosent!
I wish Sandro all the best and hope that he will be back in top form which I know he can!

Well surely they’re not going to keep DeAngelis for the season if they just made this trade for Medlock.

Wondered when this kind of post would appear. After every trade same old song and dance by somebody out there - there will be “haunting” . Same old loser mentality.

I'm pretty sure Medlock can kick a 13 yard field goal...and a 60 yard one. Doesn't look good for DeAngelis.

Bring them all to camp, and may the best man win.

When was he ever good at IWS?Let him go, 9 games = too many %40 kicking games sorry.

But Sandro CAN'T PUNT.

That's why this trade happened. That's why they tried Palardy. that's why they got Wilbur.

Only way Sandro keeps his job here is if he has the camp of his life and Obie suddenly finds a good CDN punter.

I think it's a great deal - a guy that can punt and kick. Takes us back to the Setta days.