Ticats To Auction Off Black Game-Worn Jerseys

k well some people are going to say that im b!tching and complaning but i dont think the ticats should be auctioning off there jerseys. the team has sucked all year and we have been paying all season to go watch them lose. why not have a draw with all the season ticket holders and give the winners the jersey of there choice.

and the winners get 2 seats worth $70 and get to go on field and get there jersey right from the player. i bought the yellow game jersey last year and spent over 300 and didnt get anything.

The entire concept behind auctioning off the player's jersey is to raise money for the United Way. They are a great charity and outstanding partner of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

I wish they had come up with the idea of auctioning off the black jerseys back when we had cool jerseys. These new Reebok ones are terrible (and that goes for most teams in the CFL).

I love them. Definately got to check it out.

And, on another note: This team gives so much of itself to the community and I can't believe that someone would post such a selfish and insulting request. Unbelievable.

I don't see it as being selfish, or unusual.
The Leafs draw for their game worn uniforms from the group of fans at the last regular season home game.
Very exciting actually waiting to see if your name is next.

"Forget the charity, I deserve it more, you owe me" attitude strikes me as selfish.

Woe is me.

I'm trying to bid on these things but I keep being told that the reserve hasn't been met.
It says the minimum bid is $150 and I'm bidding more than that.
How much is the reserve?

How is that selfish? I bought one last year and maby the money went to charity i dont know. I also donate money to charity so really dont see how im selfish.

Im just saying the fans put up with a horrible record and i dont usuaily complane about it beacuse i like many others love the team and alaways think there getting better. But whats wrong with them just having a draw from season ticket holders?

When you bought your season tickets a few years ago you use to get tons of free ticat stuff, and somthing half decent each year, but now all you get is a poster.

Funny thing......Zeke Moreno's jersey is probably the most outstanding bid on the whole team, even more than Printers or Lumsden.
Kinda tells you something doesn't it?

Zeke, Armour, Printers and lumsden's jerseys should all bring in sum big cash!

I was having the same problems. It seems that $250 is the magic number.

Truly, I wouldn't read too much into it. I am the current high bidder, and already own Jesse's rookie jersey, otherwise, I would be bidding on it.

Ticat Fans love the defence. I got me a Hitchcock jersey long ago.

I hate the Fact the Auction is only a Week long. I Wish was 2 Weeks long and Finish the end of the Month

I reckon there'll be a number of them in the stands for the Edmonton game...

I hate the Fact the Auction is only a Week long. I Wish was 2 Weeks long and Finish the end of the Month
The promotion is for the October 26th game. How is the auction going to run until the end of the month if the game is before that??

Is Jesse going to wear his on the sidelines over his trademark grey t-shirt?

No, I'm not being sarcastic, heck I'm one of those who bid on the thing, I was just curious how 'game worn' it's likely to be when he's not dressing for the game...

It is a great idea. I think the Lions had a lot of success last year when they autioned off their game helmets. By the way, what do the 'sideline reserve tickets' entitle one to?

By the way, what do the 'sideline reserve tickets' entitle one to?
Sideline Reserved seats are both the upper and lower levels of sections 21, 22, and 23, located on the south side of the stadium.

If you have any other questions about the seating or the auction itself, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Is Jesse going to wear his on the sidelines over his trademark grey t-shirt?

No, I'm not being sarcastic, heck I'm one of those who bid on the thing, I was just curious how 'game worn' it's likely to be when he's not dressing for the game...

In response to this question. These are the same black jerseys that the players have been wearing all year. So even if the player isn't playing in the Oct. 26th game, his jersey is game ready and the jersey has been worn for each game prior to the auction.

Thanks for the clarification Joe.
I forgot that in the CFL they actually reuse the same jerseys week after week.
I bet the seamstresses were busy repairing the ripped shirts from last week's game.
My bad.