Ticats third jersey

Tomorrow ! Let's hope it's a good one

2 Likes

This tease video makes me believe it'll be something similar, at least in being a "steel" grey colour, to those signature uni jerseys of 2014.

Both the Ticat and the Lions grey alternates from 5-6 (?) years ago were quite a hit. It always baffled me that they were abandoned.

1 Like

Keep scrolling down that twitter feed. Lots of good articles and news.
30 000+ fans expected for the B.C. game.
:+1:

4 Likes

Wow! That is great news!

3 Likes

I wonder what's bringing on that surge in interest? The Lions attendance has been declining for years.

If you followed the CFL at all (it was mentioned in various media outlets), you would know that the musical group OneDirection has been brought in for the season opener in Vancouver. Very popular with the younger demographic.

2 Likes

I follow CFL "football". Especially the Ti-Cats.

However I don't follow where the latest "boy band" concert is. That's why I'm glad you're here to tell me. Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

Maybe the Lions offer some hope to the Vancouver fans while the hockey and soccer teams are struggling . 2 Canadian QBs are an interesting story to follow .

the old person

4 Likes

The new owner in BC is a local guy and seems to be drumming up a lot of community and corporate support. Braley bailed out the league/teams more than once and he should be applauded for that but I don’t think marketing and promotion long term were really his thing. If they put some effort into it BC could be a solid market again like they were when Ackles was there.

And yes, getting a bigger name musical act probably gives a short term attendance boost.

3 Likes

Thanks for an informative and polite response. :+1:

4 Likes

You gotta have faith, faith, faith…

I know you’re a metal guy, Krisiun, but One Republic had a few radio hits out five or six years ago - they put on a really good Grey Cup Halftime in Toronto in 2016, best one I’ve seen in a long time. And they’ve got a song out from the new Top Gun movie, so a bit of a coup for Doman to be fortunate in timing to land these guys. I think you may have been thinking One Direction lol?

1 Like

That's true I don't really follow pop music so I'm not up on all these latest hiphop, rap and boy bands. Usually at Grey Cup half-time I'm in the kitchen preparing the next round of wings and beers. LOL.

If the Lions get a few extra fans out of this spectacle than I'm all for it. Maybe other teams with dwindling attendance should follow their lead.

1 Like

I'd like to see a duplicate Tiger-Cat jersey where yellow is the main colour. Right now I have two white Tiger-Cat jerseys (one made of a heavy fabric) plus a black one but I'd be interested in adding a yellow one to my wardrobe.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I turn the TV volume off first and slap a Rolling Stones, Doors or Cream disc on my Garrard or Thorens turntables while I putter around in the kitchen.

:wink:

3 Likes

I now see that it is indeed One Republic. The reason I thought it was One Direction is that the guy who mocked me for not following the CFL was ironically enough the purveyor of that misinformation. :rofl:

1 Like

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

My initial reaction is "meh".

Reminds me of the last gray jerseys tbh, also I've never been a fan of the nickname the Hammer.

Would have preferred something '70s inspired retro, or black on black with gold trim.

Don't mean to be too negative, definitely appreciate the team offering alternative jerseys, but IMO this one feels uninspired.

1 Like

I'm disappointed as well - loved the old grey / black jerseys.
The Hammer bit seems overdone.

3 Likes