Ticats TD celebration

I loved it could not have happened to a better team especially in there own park lol, I hope Kelly enjoyed it because his boat has sunk long ago :slight_smile:

I don't know... I'm on the fence. I feel like they should've been penalized both times... but then I was watching SportsCentre last night, and I saw the highlights of Ochocinco trying to bribe an official with a dollar bill, and I laughed out loud... so I feel like maybe I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I criticized the Cats for this... :lol:

What came to my mind was the line in "Jaws"

Brody: "Were gonna need a bigger boat"

They havenā€™t been there since 2001 8)

Ironically that was the "GREAT SHIP ARGONAUGHT" that got caught on a reef in Winnipeg......sadly both teams have been left down stream.........Oskie Wee Wee !

:cowboy:

Sorry to Cats fans but I too have criticised Stamps in the past and I think such displays are childish and classless. Thankfully Huffer doesn't approve of them or maybe the Stamps grew up. If you want to dance, go to a studio. If you want to act like a child, go to kindergarten. Respect your opponent.

LAUGH OUT LOUD....HILLARIOUS... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Obviously would be kinda pissed if i was a bomber fan....
thank god i'm not...

Go Riders....Grey Cup 2009 :rockin:

I think it was good because when it happened i said to myself "its been a long time since our players have had the opportunity to do stuff like that"

doing it twice might have been just a tad too far though.

They have better bodies of water in Manitoba than say Regina that has whatā€¦Wascana lakeā€¦a man made pond

you wanna talk about ā€œbodiesā€ of water?? How many severed feet(still in the shoes,creepy!) have washed up on shore in BC in the last year? Hmmmm goose poop or someones size 8 in a cross trainer?

First off, you can't compare that celebration with the ones the Stamps used to do. This was a spur of the moment, impromptu celebration that they did because the opportunity -- ie, the boat -- was there. This was not something that was rehearsed and choreographed like a Broadway musical.

Nevertheless, I am against the over-the-top TD celebrations. They were flagged for it, and in my mind they deserved it. As a Ticat fan, though, I didn't mind them taking the penalty. I enjoyed watching them celebrate, and still laugh when I see the footage. If they had just taken a one-point lead and got penalized, I'd be angry that they put the outcome of the game in question for a TD celebration. But at that point, up by two touchdowns, that ten yards didn't really hurt them.

No flag on the second one could be because fewer players took part, and they weren't in the boat as long. So maybe the official didn't see it, or maybe he felt the second celebration wasn't "excessive." Or maybe he just thought, let's get this thing over, ten yards isn't going to save the Bombers now.

As far as a fine, I think that would be silly. It in no way reflected badly on the league.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=297891

Just saw it on TSN. Interesting. Not sure I totally agree... I'd say the penalty was enough.

The stumps celebration were sweet. I don`t mind some showmanship.

The boat one was fine, I liked the bobsled (stamps) or the relay or the bombers duck duck goose game..

Well im going to go out on a limb and assume that there would be more dead people in the pacific ocean than a lake in manitoba for many reasons. But fact of the matter is that sometimes we have to sacrifice a few rider fans to the football gods. Dont tell on us!

thatā€™s ridiculous, every year it seems the CFL is becoming more and more like the NFLā€¦ :x

If we arenā€™t careful, we could lose everything we love about the CFL, I say we all sent letters to the league saying we love TD celebrations, and what them to stay!

Entertaining. Spontaneous. Well worth the 10 yd penalty.

I voted for awesome and I'm a Bomber fan. I've always loved the over the top celebrations. I don't like the direction this league is heading...

Make that two

:thup: