Ticats Signings Thread

Slime cannons.

2 Likes

It really looks like the Ticats management is hitting it out of the park by re-signing so many players ahead of the free agency window. That said, Iā€™m not tracking the progress other teams, who are presumably trying to do the same thing.

If all teams are equally successful, the advantage goes to the Cats who had (on paper) the strongest roster to begin with.

2 Likes

the change will be in demographic available to fill section 104 season tickets.

I have 2 friends, well, couples, that had season tickets back at IWS. Then they had kidsā€¦you know how that goes. Kids are getting older, and they want to repurchase seasons. I put them in touch with my ticket rep. But they arenā€™t buying 104ā€™sā€¦They want the $220 dollar season ticketsā€¦Many people do.

Itā€™ll be tough to replace those $$$$$ season ticket holdersā€¦the economy isnā€™t there. Neither is the future fanbase.

2 Likes

Yes but itā€™s too bad they canā€™t translate the player re-signing success with ticket sales. Most years this news would be like a marketing campaign and they would sell season tickets or packages. They canā€™t sell any tickets until they know whatā€™s going on with fans in the stands. Even if tickets go on sale I donā€™t think many fans are going to risk it until they know that they will be allowed in the stadium.

1 Like

Great signings Ticats .
Masoli and Simoni should be next then Dean, Levels, Brooks, Frankie Williams
Then Filer, Rico, then maybe Tasker.
We could also use a kicker..maybe obtain ex Calgary Dinosaur place kicker Niko Difonte whom the Argos own his rights and maybe ex Ticats punter Punter 35 year old Josh Barrel.

His name is NOT (Roll out the) Barrel. It is BARTEL. (spelling counts especially for names).

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but they are selling season seat packages as usual, with the promise of full refunds or credits if games arenā€™t played. I talked to my ticket rep a few times already.

What a great metaphor ! UMMMMM chocolate !

Pat Lynch (Well said 24 Porter)

Oops sorry Mikefrnthhammer ā€¦even with the spelling mistake, I think they are both decent and viable options for place kicker Difonte and punter Barrel . Who knows , maybe JJ Molson becomes available for place kicker as well.

Hi Atlanticflfanā€¦just wondering where in the Atlantic you are from or if you live thereā€¦I have been all over the past coast and feel Moncton may be the best centrally located city to join the cfl able to draw from Halifax, parts of Nova Scotia, PEI, Moncton, St John NB, Frederiction and the rest of NB Nd some of eastern Quebec ā€¦
I think it might be a better location than Halifax as it is in the middle of the east coast and Halifax is just a few hours away as is most of NB and NS and Quebec

1 Like

Admittedly, Molson and Barrel would be quite the kicking duo. Just imagine the promotions you could come up with.

1 Like

@gerbear9 you spelled @Mikefrmthhammer wrong. :rofl:

3 Likes

OMG
Another Grover created candidate for Post of the Year.

2 Likes

I think @Mikefrmthhammer also spells Mike from the Hammer wrong.

1 Like

Guilty as charged.

As an explanation for the misspelling, at the time I chose the username (way back in time) there was a much lower limit to the number of characters that could be used. It was my contraction effort that still captured the gist of the name. I could always set up a new username as ā€œMike from the Hammerā€, but I fear I would lose my history, (unless there is a way not to?). Arguably I could have spelled it MikefrmthHammer (with the second ā€œhā€ being uppercase), but I did not think of that until having typed out ā€œMike from the Hammerā€ just now. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bah, what this fanbase needs is some good ol fashioned gumption and elbow grease. When I was young you could go to a game for a nickel . You could get a cream soda and a bag of chestnuts and still have change for the incline railway home.
Like the time I took the ferry to Wexford to see the Alerts play UofT. They didnā€™t allow shoes then because of the war, Took 14 hours so when you got there your feet were sore. Anywayā€¦

3 Likes

Bring back the $2 End zone seats from Dominion grocery storeā€¦

1 Like

Remembers when coaching braintrust thought bringing in Ruoff could help fix train wreck kicking game.
Ruoff immediately discovers Boreham has no formal professional practice regimen. Rather than keep quiet and no doubt ticked off and shocked at the amateur hour heā€™s been dragged into he spills to the Spec. His kicking clinic ends right around then.

If coaching malpractice was a thingā€¦Marshall, Reed, Baressi would be in jail right now.

2 Likes

West bleachers iirc.

Yup. Believe they ditched those in ā€˜81. After that Ballard had a tranquilized tiger pace in a cage in that end zone. If Joe Exotic ever gets released they could bring him up here and have him evade wild cats in the south end zone. Bet that would get the Netflix generation engaged!