Ticats sign / re-sign six players to PR

http://ticats.ca/?p=26364

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club announced today the team has signed six international players to practice roster agreements, including offensive linemen Marc Dile and Cord Howard, running back Michael Ford, wide receiver Lestar Jean, defensive end Troy Davis and defensive back Tevrin Brandon.
No surprise that they are bringing in a couple of offensive linemen and a DB, as they are rather thin there at the moment. Defensive end too, I suppose.

I thought they had made a mistake cutting Michael Ford. Glad to see him back.

I suppose the WR is being brought in for a look-see for next year.

I believe that Ford was released because he had an offer from the NFL, as he was signed almost immediately. Obviously, the team has kept good relations with Ford, Dile and Davis as they keep signing them... lol

8) Troy Davis, DE has never played for Hamilton before !!
  You may be thinking of former TiCat, DE  Torrey Davis.

..or RB Troy Davis (one of the best, imo)... (by the way Torrey Davis was a DT not DE). :wink:

Dile will most likely be pending on what shape he’s in, be promoted to the active 46 to replace Figueroa as the game day inactive 2nd stringer with Figs moving into the starting rotation to replace Olson. Bringing back Ford tells me that maybe perhaps that CJ isn’t quite ready yet and the team is taking a 2nd look at Ford because of this as an insurance policy and to perhaps give Holley a bit of a push at the rb position. The other 4 players brought in are most likely strictly for futures and development for maybe a shot at next years training camp.

Doesn't display much faith in Grigsby does it

Yes, but honestly what has he done this year to warrant any faith? (He was great last year, but "what have you done for me lately..."). :slight_smile:

What opportunity has he really had? Only 3 touches in the last game he actually was supposed to be the starter. Don't know why Austin seems to have a man crush on Holley...he can do no wrong in his eyes. He's dropped passes and been stuffed at the line, but Austin still goes to him.The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

The reason for Holley over Grigsby in two words? Blocking Skill

Yes, but honestly what has he done this year to warrant any faith? (He was great last year, but "what have you done for me lately..."). :slight_smile:
[/quote]
What opportunity has he really had? Only 3 touches in the last game he actually was supposed to be the starter. Don't know why Austin seems to have a man crush on Holley...he can do no wrong in his eyes. He's dropped passes and been stuffed at the line, but Austin still goes to him.The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
[/quote]
The reason for Holley over Grigsby in two words? Blocking Skill
[/quote]
That's where I think Grigsby gets a bum wrap. Also, if you don't have a running game, the defence will just pin there ears back.
Which is my biggest fear with a rookie QB with limited scrambling abilities.

Marc Dile...Mr. Illegal procedure?
Looks like trading away Brian Simmons(an all-star last year) turned out to be a mistake.

Yes that's my "fondest" memory of Dile especially from the past couple of seasons. :roll: I do hope that he can improve but at this point, he will only be a backup probably for Figs - unfortunately he has a hard time staying healthy :frowning:

Turn style Dile................

The one thing that comes to mind when it comes to Dile is the fact that he couldn't even crack the Bombers lineup coming out of T.Camp this year after signing there as a FA this off season. It makes one wonder about the trading of our best O-Lineman last season Brian Simmons a few weeks ago to the Esks. I'm thinking that unless something drastic happens to either Lewis or Figs that Dile won't even see the field this season and will be here strictly as an emergency rental player as a game day reserve for the final 6 games and will most likely be released following the season.

As for Grigsby, I'm not really sure why they bothered to re-sign him and bring him back here when it's clear that the team isn't interested in using the guy. Austin seems to love Holley for whatever the reason and meanwhile Grigsby is currently stuck in neutral languishing on the PR. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the team waives him once again now that Ford is back in the fold. I also have a feeling in my gut that we won't be seeing CJ play again this season as I think his injury is probably worse then the team is leading us to believe and he is most likely done for this year. I sure as Hell hope I'm wrong on this though as we need Gable back for the playoff run and to open things up for our young QB.

I feel bad for the great Grigsby's situation but i also dont want him gone, its selfish i know, if worse case happens Holley goes down we have a back that knows the plays. I dont know if Ford coming back changes anything.

Dile was injured in training camp which is why he was released. They obviously didn't see enough before he was injured to know if it warranted giving keeping him out of camp.

@Tipper - You're correct, I was thinking of Torrey Davis, the guy they signed, then released, then re-signed while his U-Haul was still in the 1 Jarvis parking lot (that is, of course, if my addled brain is correct... lol).

That was Sam Scott.

I'm all messed up... lol Too much blood in my caffeine system...