TiCats sign QB Mitchell Gale

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club announced today the team has signed international quarterback Mitchell Gale.

Gale, 25, spent nearly three seasons with the Toronto Argonauts (2013 to 2015) before being released on September 2, 2015. The 6-2, 240-pound native of Alva, Oklahoma, has thrown for 100 yards and two touchdowns in his CFL career while adding 91 rushing yards and a touchdown in 32 appearances. Before signing with the Argonauts on May 16, 2013, he attended mini-camp with the NFL’s St. Louis Rams.

Over four years at Abilene Christian University from 2009 to 2012, Gale accumulated over 12,000 passing yards and 97 touchdowns in 45 games with the Wildcats.[/b]

http://ticats.ca/?p=28379

So should the parade go down Main or King? :wink:

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 36s37 seconds ago
#Ticats sign former #Argos QB Mitchell Gale. Could mean Jeff Mathews is still feeling effects of hit to the head late in Sunday’s game

Apparently Harris and Masoli are taking reps at practice. Disappointing end to the season.

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost now30 seconds ago
Irony: so much focus on @Simoni_Lawrence hit on #Redblacks @HenryBurris. Meanwhile, #Ticats lose their QB on head hit that was flagged. #CFL

Gale has the right name to play in the THF wind tunnel.

Speaking of names, there is still a chance of a Harris vs. Harris eastern semi-final (or eastern final too, I suppose), depending on how well Frito Ray holds out.

Presumably Zach would have been consulted on the merits of Gale, since they were teammates in 2013. Once again, we should thank Coach Milanovich for taking on the task of initial training of our QBs.

Well we don't know that he will actually play or be kept on the roster beyond this season. Appears to be a move to add depth in case Mathews is done for the season, although I did hear that Jeff might be able to practise tomorrow.

I hope he turns out to be better than Ex Cats QB Peter Gale...OOOPS that was Gales
38-3 TDs to INT ratio in college