Ticats Sign Jimenez, Release Goodspeed

[ guys but Goodspeed is significantly better than Jimenez at that position. False, back under the bridge for you.

That’s what i thought.

The coaches must have blamed Dan for all the times Porter hung onto the ball forever, I thought the line held up great all year with the majority of sacks being the qb’s fault. It wasnt like guys were blowing by him right at the snap, he was consistantly engaging his man and keeping him out of the back field for a good 3 seconds on every play.

Goodspeed's getting old and want's too much, he's not agressive at all, he get's flagged for holding the most on our team for sure, even that one against Edmonton that the ref's somehow missed where he put a sleeper hold on the EDM DE and dragged him to the ground and Cobb ran for like 40 yards.Jiminez was no prize last year either but I think after having some bad blood in BC and getting tossed that he'll play twice as hard for that alone.Not to mention he's an aggressive player to begin with, and will help the rest of the line play that way also or at least Obie hope's that's what will happen.I hope to see a formation that look's something like this come game 1:

LT Alex Gauthier
LG Peter Dyakowski
C Marwan Hage
RG Matt Morencie/Simeon Rottier
RT Jason Jiminez/Matt Spanos

This whole transaction occured because both teams can avoid paying deserving players their bonus, there is no real positive in this story at all, CfL needs a better T.V deal. The Players deserve better!IMHO.

Jimenez sounds like a great addition to the team, but I will definately miss Dan.

I guess the members of the CFLPA were being sarcastic when they voted him a league allstar instead of Jimenez. The guys who play against both of them must have forgotten to consult with you before they voted.

Considering the type of player Jimenez is there is no surprise that players didn't vote for him. He could be the most dominate player in the history of the league and he'd still have trouble getting players votes. Not to say that he's better than Goodspeed, just saying that in this case the vote isn't relevant