TiCats sign Ivy League QB

Neither Austin nor [b]Tasker — who said by text that he expects to sign a new contract by the middle of next week [/b]— were available for comment on Wednesday.
Some verification that Tasker is indeed lining up to officially sign a contract.

Great news rather than rumours :slight_smile:

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-sign-wr-tasker-to-contract-extension-1.183467]http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-sign-wr-ta ... n-1.183467[/url]

From over a week ago......Tasker signed.

TSN and The Spec have reported a Tasker signing but the TiCats have not officially reported it.

The article repeated above was from yesterday, Jan21, so Tasker’s text would suggest he may be “officially” signed within the next week, depending on when he sent the original text.

I’ll wait for the TiCat press release before jumping for joy :slight_smile:

And apparently it’s Mathews, not Matthews. Mea culpa. :oops: (Not here, but on other threads.)

I was closer than he was. :smiley:

seems like an odd signing, but then again, LeFevour is going to test FA waters and will be looking for a team taht will give him a chance to start soon.

Masoli is a dud. can't be trusted on short yardage, and doesn't have the arm to make the throws on a canadian field. He's also not athletic enough to extend a play if it breaks down.

McGee is nothing but ?????????

So, Matthews, a poket passer type, with massive size who could sub in for Collaros on short yardage downs, and develop into a trust worthy back up.

My question is, how many more arms is Austin going to bring to camp?

Calvillo, DannyMac, Ray did ok with limited mobility. If he’s precise and can learn to throw the ball quickly he can be successful.

I’m thinking that Tasker came to an agreement with the team last week when his “extension” was first reported but he has not yet formally signed his contract which would be why it hasn’t been announced by the team or the league

Chris, Welcome to the Tiger-Cats.

I think this is great move to get QB Chris Mathews in Hamilton he has great collage stats and good size and someone who has had a good player/coach relationship with both Head Coach Kent Austin and OC Tommy Condell and as a player with Tasker.

Slight correction there - it’s Jeff Mathews - not Chris!