TiCats sign IMP RB Cierre Wood

[i]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed American running back Cierre Wood to a two-year deal, per sources.

A high school star in California, the 26-year-old Wood played his college football at Notre Dame rushing 450 times for 2,447 yards and 16 touchdowns, including a sophomore season in which he ran for more than 1,100 yards.

After foregoing his final year of eligibility, he was not selected in the 2013 NFL Draft, but signed as a free agent with the Houston Texans, playing in three regular season games. He had stints with four other NFL teams and played in two games with the Buffalo Bills in 2015 before tearing his ACL. He did not play last season.

Wood was suspended for the first two games of his junior season with the Irish for violating team rules and was released by the Texans, along with two others, for allegedly using marijuana.[/i]

Wood will become the third American running back on the Ticats roster, joining veteran C.J. Gable and second-year man Ross Scheuerman.

Why is dirt always dug up for new players? If they are legally allowed in Canada, and they play good football of course, who cares about their past? It's irrelevant.

He could smoke up with Banks this season.

My point is that he is coming to Canada to play football, not open a daycare, or anything else where a history with crime would be a concern.

In case no one has noticed... pro athletes in general have issues with authority, at least outside of the locker room. They have been made to feel special most of their life, and many simply give in to all the extra temptations that come with that.

I'm a former cop by the way. People are not defined by their past.

It reminds of an Eagles song Dirt Laundry. Kick them when there up and kick them when there down. Some people get self gratification by digging up issues that have no bearing on the current circumstances. I hope he tears up the league.

needed the depth at the RB position. Ever American RB signed by CFL teams have a great resume in College.
I really like the play of Ross Scheuerman. Once again like a broken record he needs to stay healthy.

The Ticats released this information to take the steam out it if and when someone digs it up.

First of all, that's a very troubling attitude for someone who claims to be a former cop. Non-citizens with criminal convictions entering Canada should always be a concern, especially for Canadian law enforcement.

In fact, according to the Government of Canada website, people with criminal or immigration-related convictions are not even allowed to visit Canada.

Apparently, Wood was released by the Texans for allegedly using marijuana. As far as I know, using marijuana is not a crime in the US.

You need to get your facts straight. It is against US Federal law. Each state differs in enforcement and legality. Texas is not one of them who has legalized it.
Source...Wikipedia

[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_United_States]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabi ... ted_States[/url]

You need to go back and read my post. Woods was released from the Texans for allegedly using (not possessing) marijuana.
Possessing marijuana is a crime under Federal US law. Show me where USING marijuana is a crime.

"Troubling Attitude"? The only thing that is "troubling" is your need to constantly argue, no matter the subject. My point is that there are certain jobs where a criminal record/history is not as important, and football is one. If people with a criminal past were not allowed to play football then many current stars wouldn't be playing.

As for him getting into Canada, there are exceptions made by immigration for people with records that are needed by employers in Canada; as long as the offense isn't heinous, which his certainly isn't.

8) Getting back to the original story about the Cats signing this Imp. RB Cierre Wood, the article states that he is the
   3rd Imp back the Cats will have,  along with CJ Gable and Ross Scheurman.

Some guy named Shortty reported on here a few weeks ago that we had signed Imp. RB,  Alex Green.
     At  that time I asked him where and when this signing was announced by the Cats, and got no reply from him at all !!

Green is not on the roster at all, and all I can find on him is that he is a free agent  still !!
     Anyone know anything official about this at all ???    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I'm having trouble trying to copy certain tweets and post them here but, if you scroll through https://twitter.com/agreen_20?lang=en
you'll see Green's tweet saying he's signed with the TiCats and a congratulatory tweet from Chad Owens.

Hamilton has been signing players with passed records going way back. As long as a player is willing to work hard and change Hamilton has given them another chance. :thup:

8) Thanks "ottawacat", found it !!
  Strange how the Cats have not even officially announced this signing, considering it was 3 weeks ago !!
  Then again, they haven't announced the signing of this Cierre Wood guy either.

Really??? Use some common sense if you can. How the hell can you "use" without "possession "?? You can "possess" without "using" though.

You love to argue everything to try and prove what?

What a joke :thdn: Off to the Ignore list you go! Not worth reading your crap any longer. Bye Bye :rockin:

"Use some common sense if you can. How the hell can you "use" without "possession "?? You can "possess" without "using" though."

Lenny, according to Wikipedia, the use of marijuana is also illegal ...for now...

"Although the personal use of cannabis will be legalized in 2017,[1][2] Cannabis in Canada remains illegal for recreational use until legislation is enacted. Police and prosecution services in all Canadian jurisdictions are currently capable of pursuing criminal charges for cannabis (legal term marijuana) possession and for marketing without a license issued by Health Canada"

It doesn't make sense that you can "use" without possession. There is possession with the intent to distribute or sell, but that requires an amount beyond what would be considered for personal usage.

And its use is ALSO illegal in the U.S..according to Wikipedia...

"The use, sale, and possession of all forms of cannabis in the United States is illegal under federal law. As a Schedule I drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970, cannabis (legal term marijuana) is considered to have "no accepted medical use" and have a high potential for abuse and physical and/or psychological dependence.[2] Cannabis use is illegal for any reason, with the exception of FDA-approved research programs."

Do you guys have any capability to put two minutes of semi-intelligent thought into this before spouting off?

You go to a party, you smoke a couple of joints. You leave the party driving a car and you do not have marijuana in your possession. You get stopped by the police and are charged with driving while impaired by cannabis. You have used and are under the influence of marijuana but you are not in possession of marijuana nor are you charged with possession.

You walk down the street smoking a joint. You finish the joint and toss away what's left. At that point in time, you have used marijuana but you are not in possession of marijuana.

Does any of this sound familiar?? :smiley:

Further to the question posed earlier, in this thread, on whether the report of Alex Green's signing is true, this, copied from cfl.ca/transactions, is proof:

ROSTER 15-Feb-17
HAM ADD INT Emanuel DAVIS (DB) East Carolina
HAM ADD INT Alex GREEN (RB) Hawaii