Ticats Sign Five Nat. Players To 2 Year Contracts

TIGER-CATS SIGN FIVE NATIONAL PLAYERS TO TWO-YEAR CONTRACTS
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Thursday that the football club has signed five national players to two-year contracts, including offensive linemen Everton Williams, Braden Schram and Kay Okafor, wide receiver Jacob Scarfone and defensive lineman Jack McEwen.

To me, this is the biggest, and best, TiCat news of the day. I don't like seeing young Nationals, trained here, going elsewhere to get their CFL careers really started. And this, at least tells me the lights are on, in December, in the Football Ops offices.

Santa ? please ink Masoli and Speedy by Xmas ! ???

Santa...don't listen to him.

Send Masoli to Montreal.

Thank you, from someone on the "nice" list.

Fixed it for ya… :smiley:Merry Christmas !!!:smiley:

Everton Williams has been around for several seasons now, but has he ever actually dressed for anything but exhibition games? I guess the team likes career practice roster guys.

Williams did finally actually dress for 9 games in 2017 but ended the season on the PR . You are correct though about Williams spending his first two years with the team as strictly a PR player who never saw the field in either of those seasons except for pre-season games .

He’s one of the TiCats’ conversion projects … learning to play OL at the pro level, after coming out of university as a D-lineman. Those 9 first games of his pro career, came during the first 10 games this season. I think he may have been injured, spent at least a couple of games in the Injured List and then the rest of year on the PR. Brett Golding, a '17 draft pick got his first start in Game #11, playing the OL backup role Williams had and the newcomer kept the position through the remainder of the schedule.

I really like the NFL policy on PR players. The policy is that any player can only spend 3 years total (no matter how many teams they play for) on practice rosters.

That's actually how Hamilton finally was able to get Sam G. in 2012, because he had used up all 3 years of the allowed time on NFL practice rosters. He was drafted in 2008.

If a guy can't get it done in three years, then maybe pro football isn't for him. Just saying...