TiCats sign DB Unamba, release Scarfone

[url=http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-add-defensive-back-unamba-to-practice-roster/]http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-add-defensi ... ce-roster/[/url]

[i]Unamba, 28, registered nine defensive tackles and one pass knock down in three games for the Montreal Alouettes this season. The 6-1, 195-pound defensive back also played in seven games for the Indoor Football League’s Salt Lake Screaming Eagles in 2017, collecting 40 total tackles, two tackles for loss, 4 interceptions and two pass breakups.

In parts of three CFL seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (2014), Saskatchewan Roughriders (2015) and Alouettes, the native of Arlington, Texas, has recorded 51 defensive tackles, 33 special teams tackles, one interception, one pass knockdown, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He also spent time with the National Football League’s St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills in 2013.[/i]

The Tiger-Cats also announced the release of wide receiver Jacob Scarfone so he can return to Guelph University for the 2017 U Sports season. Scarfone was selected by Hamilton in the sixth round, 47th overall, in the 2017 CFL Draft in May.

8) Another reject from 3 other CFL teams !!
  Then again.....he can't be any worse than what we have now in the DB  Backfield    <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I knew it...it was all Scarfone's fault! :lol:

Defensive backfield desperate for experience thus the Unamba signing.

Yup as stated in another post, we find a reject who played for three other teams. Nice bit of scouting Tillman. No wonder this team is a ship wreck.

More like he could see that a better learning experience could be had by going back to University ball than on the practice roster with the Ti-Cats.

Does open up another spot for someone that could come-in and start now - so maybe he was being what he could to help the team right now!

Let me explain something...it was a joke. I know the real reason. :roll:

So what about all our rejects who have played well elsewhere and performed well? Look at Toronto...built from other team rejects and Trestman and staff have them playing well. Every CFL team has castoff from other teams. Look how Duran Carter played on the weekend. Bakari Grant, on and on. Sometimes a change is what gets a player going.

You are 100 % correct Lenny. When a player leaves Hamilton that's when they excel.

Yup :thup: so true ex non my guy Austin rejects

More like that's when they start staying healthy

It would have been nice to see this guy back in the Hammer, after he proved himself elsewhere. Particularly since we know versatility is a biggie with KA. Unfortunately, Marcel, who has also proved himself elsewhere, moved quicker, or better, than Eric.

CFL News? @CFL_News 3h3 hours ago
#Redblacks sign Quincy McDuffie to two-year deal http://mailchi.mp/oseg/redblacks-rnatio ... am-1117517#CFL #Bombers via @OSEG_Media

Too bad, he could have helped both our receiving game & on returns.

Too bad indeed. The more I think about it, McDuffie would have been a smart signing here. His skills are very similar to Banks and he's 3 years younger, an inch taller and 25-30 lbs. heavier. He'll bring Ottawa much of what they had when Chris Williams was healthy.

I'll bet Tillman tried. If you were McDuffie where would you sign...Grey Cup Champs or 0-5 Hamilton?
No brainer.

Correct me if I am wrong. I was left with the impression Sinkfield had a verbal agreement with Austin he would sign with Hamilton if he didn't make the NFL. Is this positive proof Hamilton is not the team to sign with? Other teams load up and Hamilton gets the rejects and scraps. No wonder their 0 - 5

I think with McDiffies it's timing..ok team vs a really bad team right now. I don't think it's a shun directly at Hamilton.

My bad. I thought it was Sinkfield instead of McDuffie. Nonetheless, I would take McDuffie over Banks in a heart beat.

100% agree with you on this . Banks has seemed to have checked out on this team since about halfway thru last season .
All one has to do is just watch the guy on the field , his demeanour , his attitude , lack of production , his whole persona etc etc . It's a shame we didn't sign McDuffie but as another poster already alluded to whose to say we didn't try to ?

In all honesty though if a shake up does occur and there's a good chance that there will be . Some vets might be let go in the process in order to wake up this team in an effort to possibly jump start this engine and get some of the other players attentions .
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Banks isn't one of the first guys at the top of the list to be let go in order to send a message to the rest of the troops .

There is that. It does make you wonder, doesn't it? (Forget firing the coach. Perhaps time to fire the training staff?)