Ticats should Advertise in Buffalo

That’s not exactly true. The prices were high in the beginning, yes. But, it’s well known now that cheap tickets are plentiful.

If there's an NFL lockout, then the CFL and specifically the blue team, moreso than the Ticats, need to focus on Ontarians that watch NFL but don't watch CFL.

This would be a big opportunity to get these fans to rediscover the CFL.

Apparently there are as many as 10 to 20 thousand Canadians that go to every Bills home game.

The question is, how many of those fans are already supporting the CFL, and how many don't.

Getting even a small part of the NFL only crowd to check out the CFL would be huge, imho.

Based on the presumption that the TC's are being run as a business, then I would assume then that they have a business development budget to spend ie fixed no. of $$$ to spend on promoting the club in such a way so that they can expand their fan base.

I would think that a good manager of such a budget would want to do so in such a way so as to get maximum returns on the money spent.

Me thinks that they would achieve more success spending such dollars promoting the club to this region rather than one whose population would require 2h + in travel time (if you include border crossing time) and a passport to get to and from the game.

I don't know but perhaps others on this forum might - are the TC's actively promoting themselves in a targetted fashion in such areas as the peninsula, Guelph area, K-W region etc etc?

The only thing I know about in the KW region was that last year, Cambridge based radio station DaveFM gave away free Ticat tickets through the season. I’m also one of two people in the city with Ticat plates, but I don’t think that counts… :wink:

The CFL and not just the Ti-Cats should focus on Canadians and attracting them to the games ..is the CFL readily viewable on TV in Buffalo .. I know here it is not ... the Grey Cup game was not and was not even mentioned ..altho i did see a CFL standings section in the times union once but i think they needed some filler because i have not seen it anytime after that.

If it becomes a pain to follow then how do you expect to attract anything other than a curious person ...

There is more than enough people in the area to support the team ... find out how to attract them to the games.

There is enough here in the USA it will be hard for the CFL to pull sports fans away .. especially when they cannot pull people from their own neighborhoods

Maybe because Americans don’t go Down North … they go UP NORTH

If Rogers or someone buys the Bills and moves them to Toronto, then the Cats can advertise in Buffalo and together we can say "screw you Toronto". :wink:

Not true!! - of course you can go up South if the elevation is higher. After all we go “down east” not because it’s south it’s because you are going “down” to sea level. We go “up” to visit friends in the mountains of Virginia, we all say up south.
But when we go to Florida, we say down to Florida because it’s at sea level.

come on man - wake up

Had the same"DISScussion" at work once, regarding the arctic watershed lmao.

Seeing the Buffalo in Toronto promotion at the sky dome, makes it obviouse that the CFL has to or needs to promote itself in Bufalo’s market! imo